DISAPPEARING SKY

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Jimbo

DISAPPEARING SKY

Post by Jimbo »

After a couple of holes in a round the sky disappears (see the picture). It happens in regular and practice rounds. I've reinstalled twice to no avail.
Has anybody else experienced the "disappearing sky"?
For what's worth I've only applied the last patch-it was supposed to fix everything. Could this be the problem?
GoBucks

Re: DISAPPEARING SKY

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: January 17th, 2023, 7:44 am After a couple of holes in a round the sky disappears (see the picture). It happens in regular and practice rounds. I've reinstalled twice to no avail.
Has anybody else experienced the "disappearing sky"?
For what's worth I've only applied the last patch-it was supposed to fix everything. Could this be the problem?
What picture, and what patch?
Do you use "Random Sky"?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Bucks-I just used 1.07 and a random sky. I thought I had attacked the picture but will try again later.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Bucks-Upon further review I have found an earlier post from Windows 10 users who had the same problem. It looks as if the solution is to pick one (not random) sky selection and stick with it.
Two questions:
1. Can you change skies between games or are you doomed to play in the same environment forever?
2. Do you have to play in full screen?

I saw that Armond (remember him?) had come up with a solution but after my experience with my Windows 7 crash I'm a chickenshit to try something like that again! :whistle:

BTW, thanks to all of you who helped me solve my Window7 computer issue...the Gods of Links have a very interesting sense of humor!
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

You can use random skies with Windows 10 - you shouldnt have to stick to individual sky selections. There are at least four different sky issues I can think of, each with different causes and solutions, so if you can show a screenshot, that would really help in determining what to recommend for you to do.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...