Can't Download Courses

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Captain Nemo

Can't Download Courses

Post by Captain Nemo »

This problem just started today: New Microsoft Custom Search Tool add is preventing me from downloading courses. :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :wallbash: :mad:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Captain Nemo

Re: Can't Download Courses

Post by Captain Nemo »

Some clarification: I select - Courses>The Course I want>Download>Previously described add shows up>No X out available*. Did a soft and then a hard REBOOT, but no change.

* I can close browser but I am just returned to courses selection which allows me to to do the same again.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Captain Nemo wrote: January 13th, 2023, 1:25 am Some clarification: I select - Courses>The Course I want>Download>Previously described add shows up>No X out available*. Did a soft and then a hard REBOOT, but no change.

* I can close browser but I am just returned to courses selection which allows me to to do the same again.
Have you tried disabling your virus software and see if it will download?
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Use Firefox Captain...see how you go.... :thumbup:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I typically use Firefox, but decided to try a download using MS Edge. Worked without any issue. I like Danny's idea.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

[/quote]Have you tried disabling your virus software and see if it will download?
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using Windows Defender with Win 11. I reviewed the various security options provided there in, but I could not find any reference to turning anti virus off.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Thought this links Download problem may be related to the fact I had not accepted the latest Win 11 Update (had the option 3 months ago). Just installed the update and now every time I try to download a course I get locked into an add that wants me to install various different apps. I don't know what you guys and girls might think, but I think that's not an improvement! NOTE: I don't seem to have any issues with any of my other apps just Links 2003 Downloads :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Which internet browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Captain Nemo wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:14 pm This problem just started today: New Microsoft Custom Search Tool add is preventing me from downloading courses. :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :wallbash: :mad:
To be honest, I don't even know why you would be using a search tool to find courses.

All the Links courses that I am aware of can be found using the tools on this page ...

https://linkscorner.org/courses/

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do. :dunno:
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Andy, I start from this page by selecting "Courses" That takes me to Links Corner where I can select the appropriate courses list. From that list e.g. "all 2003 Courses" I select a course and then click on the "DOWNLOAD" button, that is when an unclosable add fills the screen and the only alternative is to X out my browser (currently Firefox). I have not yet tried another browser. There were adds shown prior to this problem, but they were always just a page wide bar add under the browser's "Bookmarks" bar, and those adds could be X'd out.