St. Andrews Old Course HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

St. Andrews Old Course HD

Post by Weeler »

Does anyone happen to know whether or not Stewart Parker is still designing / upgrading courses for Links ?

I couldn't seem to find him as a Links Corner Forum member on this new iteration of the site. The reason I ask is that he did such a superb job on upgrading the "Old Course" to HD, high res status....( albeit 8 years ago )....

I was wondering if he maybe had plans to upgrade both the "New" and "Jubilee" courses up to that level, since the bones of the courses are already there to work with. When I play a round on the HD version of the Old Course, it seems so natural and realistic now. Plus the detail of the buildings is outstanding as well. I just thought it would be nice to have the 3 St. Andrews venues we currently have, all at the same degree of craftsmanship.

If anyone happens to know Stewart's email,( or if he's a member on this Forum and I just overlooked it), please let me know.

Thanks...........Weeler
big stewart

Re: St. Andrews Old Course HD

Post by big stewart »

Sorry for the time taken to reply , I have just re registered. Thank you for your kind comments on my St. Andrews update. Although I still play links golf I don't build courses any more. I have turned to my other interest Train Simulator. 2020 and I am using some of the skills picked up here to build old historical routes from the steam era now long gone. . If interested, you can have a look at "The trains now departed " Facebook page " . My golf now a days is real life golf but I do read the forums here and keep up with what is going on. Thanks again for your kind comments.