Sooooo.... Back to Tara Iti it looks like

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Sooooo.... Back to Tara Iti it looks like

Post by Duck Hook »

Getting keen again........so much to do, see how long that lasts :laugh:
screen0013.jpg
screen0013.jpg (378.49 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
screen0014.jpg
screen0014.jpg (383.54 KiB) Viewed 2341 times

:cheers1:
sagevanni

Re: Sooooo.... Back to Tara Iti it looks like

Post by sagevanni »

Good for you Todd.......!!!!!! :cheers1: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
gator

Post by gator »

I just watched a 12-minute drone video of the course on Golf Digest (https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tara-i ... l-18-holes). WOW, what an amazing course. It's like one giant seaside waste bunker occasionally interrupted by a little bit of grass with very little of the natural land contours smoothed. Maybe a little smoothing on the tee areas and greens, but not much even there. This will be a joy to play in Links. Looking forward to it, good luck Todd!

Leo
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

A highly acclaimed yet exclusive real course where nobody has seen it played on tv---say during a tournament, but can it be made up presentable here in Links other than looking just like Desolate Dunes?
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I think so Gene. It's very exclusive, but you can play it, what the exact criteria is I don't know. The catch is you can only play it once.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

After seeing the flyovers of Tara Iti, it reminds me of Sage Vanni's course OceanDunes Links which is a really nice course.
Best of luck in creating Tara for Links.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Hopefully some flora will be added to where finished course will resemble Ardennes Dunes instead of Desolate Dunes. With so many hills and hollows would wonder how came up with elevations of this course.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Gene, there are other textures to be added to the dunes yet. And more sculpting to be done and it will be somewhat heavily planted. And yes, there will be some artistic license used when doing all the humps, bumps and mounds. :smile:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Duck Hook wrote: July 10th, 2022, 3:53 am Gene, there are other textures to be added to the dunes yet. And more sculpting to be done and it will be somewhat heavily planted. And yes, there will be some artistic license used when doing all the humps, bumps and mounds. :smile:
Even if were to play every day a golfer would have tough time visualizing the hills and hollows and what to expect from random bounces. Such could be probably said moreso for way greens play with winding up close to hole with most approach shots and afterwards getting putts to drop---so I can only imagine that course would not be all that easy to score well on consistently.
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

I just watched the same video about this place. Wow. Tom Doak is amazing. :cheers1: