Out of the blue Links2003 is prompting for "Insert CD"

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Buckshot

Out of the blue Links2003 is prompting for "Insert CD"

Post by Buckshot »

I've been playing Links2003 on my Win 10 PC for months. Then for some reason it is now asking for the installation disk "Insert Cd" when I select to "Play". I've not touched the Links2003 files. Window updates have taken place. I've searched for help, tinkered with turning "Secdrv" on to no avail. Looked all over for a solution but haven't been successful. I even went through an entire re-install of the game using all the files from Links Corner.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Roger
pmgolf

Re: Out of the blue Links2003 is prompting for "Insert CD"

Post by pmgolf »

This is what usually causes it. Filename: RuKsHuK.exe in the /Links 2003/ directory. Rename the old one to oldRuKsHuK.exe, and replace it with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyajq2nge0ofz ... 2.zip?dl=0

Pete
Daniel

Re: Out of the blue Links2003 is prompting for "Insert CD"

Post by Daniel »

If what pmgolf suggests does not fix the problem look to see if you have a G:// Drive showing, this can happen after updates if you do have a G:// Drive showing change the Drive letter for a different one. For some reason, Links is looking at the G:// instead of your C:// Drive. Worked for me a few times.