White Course at Point Break Park

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Lez Marwick

White Course at Point Break Park

Post by Lez Marwick »

I doubt many players will even give this course a look as its a new designer and the file size is ridiculously small which usually signifies something that has had little effort applied to it. This course though is actually beautifully planted, blending very nicely with the panorama (at least on the close-up view my A.I. played it on). It would benefit greatly from a little more refinement though. It's obvious by the size that it's lacking in all the touches expected by players these days - there's no sound, no custom textures, no seam blending, no tee choice, sharp mesh angles etc. and unfortunately the designer has chosen to lock the course, so it will never be possible to update it or correct it (such as the pulled vert on the 5th green) if the original designer doesn't choose to do so. However, with more APCD experience, judging by this one, there is the potential for some great courses by this designer, and hopefully they will continue to produce more for Links in the future. :cheers1:

Hopefully a few people here will play this one and provide a few comments for the designer, as there is a lot of potential here I think, and feedback is always valuable, especially for new designers. :thumbup:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
migolfer

Re: White Course at Point Break Park

Post by migolfer »

I downloaded and played this course when it first appeared and found it to be a nice challenge. Probably won't play it again for a long time or ever, there are still dozens to hundreds that I have not played yet. That's the trouble with all these offerings (2358! including discontinued), too many to choose from, so designs like this one will just disappear in the ocean of choices. (I don't care if there are so many, I'll just keep going through the list of the good and the bad..)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/106 ... _of_Choice
Last edited by migolfer on December 11th, 2021, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sagevanni

Re: White Course at Point Break Park

Post by sagevanni »

I just design, don't play.................MORE, MORE, MORE...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage..... :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.