Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Thank you so much. This was built in memory of my friend Mick Lenton, shortly after he died of cancer in 2014. It's still a course I like to bring out for events on the European Tour I run at LSPN. If I'm honest it's my favourite type of course to create, as there are quite a few local to where I live.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

I thank you for a great golf course! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Pebble Beach 2004 by Chuck Clark Par 72 6840 yds. Another famous course that most of us are familiar with. Beautiful ocean view on many holes and even the beaches along the shore look nice. Good size fairways and good size and easy greens. Great looking holes to me from the tee are the 6th, 10th and 18th and 18th again when on the green looking out over ocean. 17th is a good demanding par 3. Some excellent work went into this design. Looks great and plays great. Remember to play with Pebble sound file and play this with gusty, windy and a stormy look once in a while and play a round in wet conditions the odd time for an authentic challenge. Top notch! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Broken Arrow Championship Course - Tournament Edition by Dominique Bois Par 71 7238 yds. Low mountain panorama looks very nice. Forest is set well back and does not come into play - not much water to be concerned with. Good size fairways and greens - greens can be a challenge depending where you are on them. Nice colours for fairways and greens as well as trees. Clean under trees. Colour transition from light rough to high rough to wild rough - very nice. Loved look from tee on 6th and 18th. Can play this in all conditions. Nice! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Pacific Breaks 2003 by Mike Jones Par 72 7358 yds. Excellent golf course very well designed - fairways are good size and have lots of sand traps just waiting. Greens are a very good challenge - some are tiered. Good clean look to this course. Miss the fairway can be very tough on round. Trees set back far enough they are no problem. Good number of holes along coast and the ocean has great look to it - sound of wind and waves. - add some wind to make it exciting. This is a great course to play! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Autumn Valley Golf Club by Wayne Hewitt Par 72 7037 yds. Beautiful golf course in fall colours. Clean under trees - water does come into play on this course. Really nice looking fairways and greens with checkerboard mow pattern. Excellent planting throughout course. 4th, 5th and 6th holes look nice - 9th stands out to me. Tee markers look nice with added touch and loved the sign at the 16th Tee. Not a grip and rip golf course. Beautiful! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Wraith Canyon by Paul Seaman Par 70 6963 yds. Beautiful mountain panorama - predominantly pine tree woodland - pine needles and dead grass underneath. Fairways look great - greens lighter colour and play great. Water can pose a challenge from time to time. Can play in all conditions. A really nice course to have - looks great and plays great. Its a gem! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

The Creek at Dubai by Lloyd Henchey Par 72 7534 yds. Tropical course - really great looking with big city buildings in background. Very nice fairways and greens - water does show up from time to time. Greens are easy. Set up for tournament play. Looks really nice and plays great. A fairly long course yet might still want to play in gusty for some xtra fun. Excellent! :smile:
chad

Post by chad »

PinHi wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 5:02 pm Autumn Valley Golf Club by Wayne Hewitt Par 72 7037 yds. Beautiful golf course in fall colours. Clean under trees - water does come into play on this course. Really nice looking fairways and greens with checkerboard mow pattern. Excellent planting throughout course. 4th, 5th and 6th holes look nice - 9th stands out to me. Tee markers look nice with added touch and loved the sign at the 16th Tee. Not a grip and rip golf course. Beautiful! :smile:
Always been a favorite of mine :thumbup:
Attachments
AV.png
AV.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2523 times
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Sapphire Lake by Matthew Rose Par 72 7256 yds. Excellent golf course with the big beautiful lake. Mixed trees along fairways - fairways are good and greens too - there are some that will be a test at times. Can be played in all conditions. Course seems darker than normal - found that clear skys help a bit. Very nice! :smile: