Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
1PuttJeff

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by 1PuttJeff »

PinHi wrote: August 20th, 2021, 6:37 pm One of my all time favorites - Arrowhead SE Par 72 6646 yds. Beautiful course in a pine forest setting and lots of water that looks great. Nice clean look to the fairways and good greens. Designed by Art Patscheck. Very peaceful and relaxing this course. :smile:
I have always really liked this course too, PinHi, and it is surprising that more people in the Links Community don't talk about this course more often. :thumbup:
Blade

Post by Blade »

1PuttJeff wrote: September 26th, 2021, 8:13 pm I have always really liked this course too, PinHi, and it is surprising that more people in the Links Community don't talk about this course more often. :thumbup:
Probably because most of the Members here & at LSPN have been here since the Year Dot, not newbies like the both of you.
In other words we've played all the COURSES Countless Times, the only ones of real interest to me are the NEW ONES.

Cheers
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Blade wrote: September 26th, 2021, 9:39 pm
1PuttJeff wrote: September 26th, 2021, 8:13 pm I have always really liked this course too, PinHi, and it is surprising that more people in the Links Community don't talk about this course more often. :thumbup:
Probably because most of the Members here & at LSPN have been here since the Year Dot, not newbies like the both of you.
In other words we've played all the COURSES Countless Times, the only ones of real interest to me are the NEW ONES.

Cheers
I agree, Blade. July of 2001. I had been playing Links of some kind for almost 10 years back in 2001, and I would guess that at least 1,000 courses have been released since then. It's not even very highly rated. Not much reason for people to still be talking about it.

Pete
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Art Patscheck was one of the top designers at the time. That was before all the improvements made to the program. Unfortunately he had some physical problems that forced him to stop. It was our loss.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Kunkleman wrote: September 27th, 2021, 12:09 pm Art Patscheck was one of the top designers at the time. That was before all the improvements made to the program. Unfortunately he had some physical problems that forced him to stop. It was our loss.
Art even wrote an instruction manual for the APCD. He was quite the celeb back in the days he was here, and that course was popular and had the shit played out of it. :yes:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Bunclody Golf and Fishing Club by John Aherne Par 72 7178 yds. Playing this course is like playing your hometown golf course just down the road. I thought this looks like a fairly new course with a lot of young trees planted alongside fairways on some holes. Did some research and found this course opened in 2009 - same year that John designed it for links. Cool! Nothing outstanding about this course - just an all around nice course to play - like your a member there. Plays good and looks good. Can also play this one in the wind. Nice! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Royal St. George's 2021 Open by John Brooks, Adelade Par 70 7186 yds. A really very nice links course played alongside Sandwich Bay in England. Long grass looks nice and pot bunkers can occasionally get in your way. Fairways are good and nice size greens that play a bit easy. This course begs to be played in wind for a true links game. Its a keeper! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Muirfield Village G.C. by Pete Frydrak Par 72 7352 yds. Nice quiet type golf course -mostly leaf trees alongside fairways. Good fairways and good greens. Nice creek that meanders alongside and sometimes across the fairway. Loved the look of 15th from tee. Play this with breeze and gusty for a good round of golf. Nice! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Carolina Pines by Mat Leclair Par 71 7147 yds. A pine forest setting with a low mountain panorama. Fairways and greens are good and plays great. Has water on it that will come into play. Another oldie 2001 but goldie. No cart path so you will need to walk this one. Breeze and occasionally gusty wind will be enough. A good one. :smile:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

[quote=PinHi post_id=11911 time=1633031180 user_id=87]
Carolina Pines by Mat Leclair Par 71 7147 yds. A pine forest setting with a low mountain panorama. Fairways and greens are good and plays great. Has water on it that will come into play. Another oldie 2001 but goldie. No cart path so you will need to walk this one. Breeze and occasionally gusty wind will be enough. A good one. :smile:
[/quote]

Which version of this course are you using? I ask this as not showing on list of possible courses to download. I have version 2 and there is a huge problem involving 3rd hole. Other than using 0 pin placement for hole #3 all other pin placements are 2,000 yards away. I have messed around with APCD adding pins to 3rd green to make this hole playable, other than just having the lone good location. If you have a different version that is not messed up it would be nice for you to share with rest of group. Provided that you also have v2 or version 2 as I have, then I am surprised that you had not seen this problem or to have checked out whether course is still possibly able to download and it is not that I can see.
2001 Carolina Pines V.2 - Discontinued
Mat Leclair 814 Fictional Woodland 21.0 2002-03-14
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... at+Leclair