Loss of automatic club selection

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Captain Nemo

Loss of automatic club selection

Post by Captain Nemo »

I was about halfway through playing the basic Links Career (1st season) when the last 3 days the auto club selection is not working between the Tees and the green fringe. Game always selects driver. Not a major problem as I some times don't use the game's selected club anyway. in order to get a more accurate shot. Still, somewhat aggravating. Anyone else encountered this issue?
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Titus

Re: Loss of automatic club selection

Post by Titus »

maybe - use caddy - turned off :dunno:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Could also be that the tournament(s) or at least individual rounds being set to 'caddie not allowed' within the specific season. Can check if that is the case in the Season Manager. Be careful if trying to edit it while in the middle of the season, as it could potentially force you to drop out of the season.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

How much do you tip your caddy? Remember we're talking Canadian money!
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Jimbo wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:09 pm How much do you tip your caddy? Remember we're talking Canadian money!
I know a few 26 year old Pole Dancers, so I usually just fix him up with one of them. :whip: :whistle: :surrender:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Actually, it appears the Career feature is just erratic. When I finished that Tourney the next selection at my level (the 2nd level - Semi Pro? .. where the winners each round shoot 59's instead of the 52's the best Pro Level players shoot) was Cambrian Ridge - 4 rounds, but after I selected it, Glen Eagles showed up, which wasn't even on the list. Also, there was no Classic Swing meter showing (my default) so I had to go searching for it. So now I am guessing that as mentioned above, the Caddy was turned off in the previous Tourney. At least here, in the current Tourney, the Caddy is back on and misdirecting me in his usual manner! :yes: :cheers1: