Increase FPS?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Question

Increase FPS?

Post by Question »

The game runs at 30-31 FPS. This makes the 3 click meter very "jerky" Is there a way to increase the FPS to 60+?
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Increase FPS?

Post by Andy »

I've never seen frame rates over mid thirties all the time I've been playing Links.

I think you will have to look elsewhere for a solution to any jerkiness i.e. graphics card/drivers.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Saame as what Andy said - never seen it above 31 on my computer as well as any other computer I had in the past.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Question wrote: July 18th, 2021, 4:53 pm The game runs at 30-31 FPS. This makes the 3 click meter very "jerky" Is there a way to increase the FPS to 60+?
That is the normal, and fastest frame rates you will get from Links. There's actually very little graphics movement going on in the game. The ball movement, and the golfer animation is about it. If you are having jerkyness during swinging, there's something running in the background on your computer that is causing it. Links uses very little resources and should usually run smooth on a modern day system.

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added