online play

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
dufferron

online play

Post by dufferron »

Hi all!

Used to play Links 2003 back in the day all the time. Haven't played in probably 15 years now. But today I purchased it again and will be playing soon again!

Question, is anyone playing head to head online yet, and if so where or how? Is there a lobby to find and create games?

Thanks,
Ron
Blade

Re: online play

Post by Blade »

Game Ranger if you want some fun.
jack12k10

Post by jack12k10 »

Just signed up an account on gameranger..same nickname as here...I assume you just meet in one of the Links 2003 lobbies there to meet someone to play. I saw another thread on here before posting here that you had to change something on your router but maybe that is to play IP to IP.
Blade

Post by Blade »

You don’t have to change anything, just log in & join a game or host one yourself for others to join, over time you will make lots of friends, which you can save so can see who is around when you log in.
jack12k10

Post by jack12k10 »

Sounds good Blade..tx..jg.
dufferron

Post by dufferron »

I'll try GameRanger, thanks to everyone!

Ron
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

dufferron wrote: July 8th, 2021, 8:13 pmQuestion, is anyone playing head to head online yet, and if so where or how? Is there a lobby to find and create games?
Besides Game Ranger, there are also 2 community website hubs for online play still active - the biggest one is LSPN at http://www.lspn.net/ and Tigercats are at https://www.tigercats-golf.club/index.html . LSPN is fully free to play since a couple years ago and I think Tigercats is too. You wont see the full extent of available LSPN tournaments until signing up as a user, and/or applying to specific leagues.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The scores tend to be ridiculously low...like 70 under par for a normal tournament.
Either there are "hustlers" or folks who "know something" about the program. :whistle:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Jimbo wrote: July 12th, 2021, 3:31 pm The scores tend to be ridiculously low...like 70 under par for a normal tournament.
Either there are "hustlers" or folks who "know something" about the program. :whistle:
There are a lot of people who play at LSPN site that will never reach that level. There has always been a group of elite players who have developed the skills thru dedicated practice. That doesn't stop the rest of us from enjoying the tournaments. Adjust your goals---compete against those who play a game similar to your own. It's a great site for everyone to enjoy. No "shade" justified. :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Kunkleman wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:33 am
Jimbo wrote: July 12th, 2021, 3:31 pm The scores tend to be ridiculously low...like 70 under par for a normal tournament.
There are a lot of people who play at LSPN site that will never reach that level. There has always been a group of elite players who have developed the skills thru dedicated practice. That doesn't stop the rest of us from enjoying the tournaments. Adjust your goals---compete against those who play a game similar to your own. It's a great site for everyone to enjoy. No "shade" justified. :thumbup:
No problem-I just compare my scores to the "real" tournament to see if I make the "real" cut and how much "unreal" money I make! :thumbup:
I don't know how many other Linksters play (it looks like only a dozen or so) but it's a fun way to use the game-I just started this year.