two or three click?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Dr golf

two or three click?

Post by Dr golf »

Which click method do you use (two or three click) and why? Thanks
Steve
Danny D

Re: two or three click?

Post by Danny D »

Dr golf wrote: June 10th, 2021, 6:27 am Which click method do you use (two or three click) and why? Thanks
Steve
From the very beginning I have used what I *THINK* is called "2-click".
(click 1) I press and hold the left mouse button while the meter is winding back, and then release the button to begin the downswing.
(click 2) I press the left mouse button as the meter reaches the bottom "snap" position.

In "3-click", I believe you quickly tap the left button at each of the 3 positions, I tried it but didn't like it, so stayed with the method I described.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

:tiphat: On a side note, here's a tip for those that may not know.

You can make CLICK swings using the ZERO key on the keyboards NUM pad, instead of using the mouse button. Just make sure the NUM LOCK is turned on so the number keys are active.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I use the 2-click as described by Dan. (I didn't know about the Zero key. I will try it when I test my next hole.)
Ian
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

:whistle:
My first year or 2, started with 3, then tried 2 (& liked it
much better), will never go back!
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

3 click but intend to also 2 click just to try and improve the challenge with something I'm not used too and for something different.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I used the 2 click about a hundred years ago then I discovered PS. I tried going back to 2 click a few times but now my meter goes so fast I can hardly see it. PS has gotten harder over the years. Don't know if it's old age or the way the mouse works with the newer versions of Windows. I do use 3 click in Perfect Golf but would like to have 2 click there.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

cloeks1 wrote: June 11th, 2021, 12:08 am I tried going back to 2 click a few times but now my meter goes so fast I can hardly see it. PS has gotten harder over the years. Don't know if it's old age or the way the mouse works with the newer versions of Windows.
I was a fan of the mouse swing in Tiger Woods and PGA 2000 but I made the decision to now click in those games as well. I have found in every mouse swing game how it performs totally varies with the mouse. I have never experimented with Links mouse swings as I just don't like them but may be the same.

Regarding the fast meter, there has never been a solution. Try this and tell me if it makes any difference whatsoever. Start a round but DO NOT take a real swing. Step away from the ball and take 3 or 4 practice swings. Any change in the speed?
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I didn't even know there was a 2-click option. I've always been a 3-clicker, most likely because I played that way in Mean 18 in the old Apple IIgs days (there was no other way to play it). I remember when Links came out, I asked (begged) them to run the power bar in a vertical line the entire left edge of the screen, like Mean 18 did. Never got a reply. This was Access, before they sold it to MS.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Just tried Classic swing taking practice swings and the meter was as fast as ever. PS is the swing for me but I like to try others once in a while.