Pending Course Upgrades

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Pending Course Upgrades

Post by Weeler »

Instead of sending "PM's" to these two designers, I hope it's OK that I simply ask this in the Course Forum. I was just curious how the following
course upgrades were coming along. I think both of you were bringing these respective courses up to HD standards. ( I sure hope I've got the correct names here ).
Ian Wells : Mauna Kea
Eddie Schmidt: Pinehurst #8
Anyhow....if you find time to give us a brief progress update, it would be great. Looking forward to both releases.( Not that there aren't great new courses being released lately, thanks to Sage, John Brooks and others prodigious output !! )

Thanks for your time............Ron "Weeler" Weel
Blade

Re: Pending Course Upgrades

Post by Blade »

To the best of my knowledge Eddie Schmidt hasn't joined the new Links Corner Forum.

Cheers D
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Unless I am mistaken and my mind is playing tricks, I have never promised to upgrade Mauna Kea.
Sorry,
Ian :oops:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Alrighty then. I wasn't sure Ian was the right person, since I was going from memory on posts entered in the old Forum. And since Eddie may not
see this.....the point is most likely moot. Sorry. But I'm sure some reader(s) out there can attest to both course upgrades being "in the works". Anyhow,
if either course eventually ends up showing up on LC in the future.....I'm sure they'd be welcome.

Ron
gator

Post by gator »

I could be wrong, but I beleive it was Colin Jones who was working on the update/upgrade to Mauna Kea.

Colin gave us Redstone and the Banff Springs (Thompson) update/upgrade. Additionally, the last sentence in the course notes for Banff (1/6/2018) says, "Banff Springs Golf Club (Tunnel Mountain), with the alternate 9 holes, will be released very soon."

Regardless, looking forward to playing either/both of the two courses you mentioned should they ever get released by these awesome designers.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Thanks for that clarification and additional info, Gator. I was almost sure I wasn't "imagining" things. :dunno: