laptop

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
GoBucks

Re: laptop

Post by GoBucks »

Adelade wrote: February 13th, 2021, 8:49 pm Do you have any custom compatibility settings? (To access them, right click LinksLauncher.exe or LinksMMIII.exe (or both) > Properties > Compatibility)
What are these "comparability settings", and what is their purpose/
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Well Im no particular expert about that (I mostly just remember they have helped some people with Links in some situations, and they've helped me a bunch of times when trying to get other old programs to run) but I can attempt a very basic explanation maybe: They, in different ways, cause the computer system to emulate/imitate how older systems and setups functioned, it can help in cases where newer systems are sort of "too modern" to run old programs smoothly, since those old programs werent designed with now-modern systems in mind.

I mostly brought it up because I wondered if there was a possibility geocacher or nickpasich had some compatibility settings activated from before, with those getting in the way of the proper way for things to function, but that probably wasnt the case.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Ok. I've seen it mentioned over the years pertaining to Links problem resolutions. I guess I've been fortunate over the years with different hardware/software configurations, especially software.

Thanks,
No matter where you go, there you are.