FRESH INSTALL

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Adelade

Re: FRESH INSTALL

Post by Adelade »

Could you rephrase and elaborate please?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
moonyblue2021

Post by moonyblue2021 »

I just wondered why you put lol that's all ..I am still not having any luck....still a slow motion ball and still freezing and having to reboot, spoils the game. anyone think I need to reinstall the game?
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

I had a good quality custom built computer, but it had Intel graphics. The Intel graphics caused a problem, and I tried to remedy it with dg voodoo. I am among the few people (and you may be as well) where dg voodoo does not work. For me, dg voodoo fixed some issues but created others. It caused the game to slow down when the ball was in motion, and every few holes it froze up (displayed an error message which I cannot recall what it said) and I would have to exit the game. And, the graphics were never what I would call acceptable. I was able to bypass the Intel graphics (disable it in Device Manager) and the computer defaulted to using Microsoft Basic Display Driver, and the game played just fine, except it was slow moving with large course files. I eventually bought a no frills off-the-shelf HP with AMD chips and the game plays perfectly and I can enjoy all the current courses with larger files with 3D objects. It was a small price to pay for a properly functioning Links game and wish I had done it sooner. I sympathize with your frustration and hopefully you will find a fix for your issues.
:tiphat:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

No, I meant if you could rephrase and elaborate on your post immediately after my first post in the thread, not that next one.

Also I will repeat myself:
Adelade wrote: January 27th, 2021, 5:45 pm[...]the Direct X program you mentioned [...] (we're not supposed to mention it by name here, for reasons we shouldnt bother to discuss right now)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
moonyblue2021

Post by moonyblue2021 »

Done everything what everyone has suggested and so far it's ok I did drop the res from 1440 x 900 32 bit, to 1360 x 768 32 bit.
So fingers crossed. Thanks guys for all the help. I am sure " I'll be back" as Arny would say. LOL