Installing Links on new computer

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Ian Wells

Installing Links on new computer

Post by Ian Wells »

I have partitioned the SSD on an iMac via BootCamp and installed Windows.

As I don't have my Links CDs with me I purchased the download from Links Country Club with the separate download of the players, and the Nvidia patch. (I also ran the 2,5 and 7 patches.) I ran the files and located them in C:\Links2003.When I launch Links the screen goes black and an empty small window with a white header appears. After a minute or so the screen flashes and the small window gets a Windows blue header After a further minute or so the screen flashes again and I suspect it will continue at minute intervals. I shutdown the computer with the power button but on restart the Apple Magic keyboard doesn't work. I have to pull the plug and reboot. Which I am not happy with as I do not know if this will cause problems in the future - as you have realised I am not a computer person.
(As an aside when I downloaded APCD [the one that Danny uploaded] to the partition, it works but it is much slower than on my old HP laptop. It is fine if I turn the Surface off before I Navigate. I used this machine to make the Hole Previews on Peachtree.)

I have looked through all the posts and I cannot find a solution, I am stuck. :helpsmilie:
Edit
I have realised that I have a copy of links on my remote disc. I uninstalled Links and loaded it from my remote drive and it works. Obviously there must be a problem with the download from Links Country Club.

I do have a problem with it though. When I play a course I can't access the custom pins. The button is dead.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ian