Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Links Corner

Post by Links Corner »

Info about a possible cure can be found here. (not clickable - type it in your browser)
intel.jpg
intel.jpg (2.36 KiB) Viewed 352 times
NOTE: The original URL and even the filename of the zip file are always flagged up by browsers as containing malware. I have managed to download the zip file and check it with ESET which finds no problems. I have renamed the zip file so that the name itself does not ring alarm bells. HOWEVER, you download and install this at your own risk. Links Corner will accept no responsibility for any problems caused by this file.

You have been warned!

If you wish to discuss this fix and it's use please do not refer to it by it's real name.

This may sound paranoid but when I hosted the fix previously, it resulted in Links Corner being blacklisted by Google.
JimEvers37

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by JimEvers37 »

Andy and everyone else trying to get this wonderful game working on today's equipment,

I used this post and followed the instructions and was able to get Links working on a 1-2 year old Lenovo laptop, I now have Links working on a laptop and on a refurbished HP computer (also 1-2 years old, but both on Windows 10).

I know that its frustrating to get a 17 year old game working on brand new equipment but if you keep your patience and post/ask questions in these forums there is usually somebody that has had the same issue and knows what to do to solve it. It is worth it to stay diligent and keep trying to get it working and enjoying all of the great courses available on this forum for this game.

Keep hitting them long and straight,

Jim Evers
Eisman57

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Eisman57 »

I walked away from Links in 2009 when my co-worker playing partner died from Leukemia. I recently retired and was struggling to resurrect Links 2003 on my new HP desktop PC with Intel UHD 630 + Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics. I followed Andy’s instructions above and ‘presto’ the game works flawlessly at 1680 x 1050, 32-Bit res. It fills my entire 32-inch screen with vivid detail. I truly appreciate Andy’s efforts to assist folks like me!!!
Attachments
Links 2003.jpg
Links 2003.jpg (567.11 KiB) Viewed 10362 times
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

I'm so glad that you people are getting your golf fix again. :thumbup:

I should point out that I am merely the messenger boy.

Most of the thanks should go to the developers of the fix and the people here who found it and described how to implement it. :clapping: :clapping:
Eisman57

Post by Eisman57 »

Thanks Andy, I guess that makes you the Hermes of the Links realm? Could you please ask the developer Gods how someone can miss a 9-inch putt?
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Eisman57 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 2:20 pm Could you please ask the developer Gods how someone can miss a 9-inch putt?
It takes great skill. :whistle: :yes:
Blade

Post by Blade »

A year ago I bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 i7 with Both an Intel HD 630 & an Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 Video Cards, could not run Links at all as it always defaulted to the Intel Card - Now after running your Fix - Woo Hoo it now runs as good as my Desktop PC :notworthy:

Thanks Andy
Blade

Post by Blade »

Andy - 2 Questions.

1. If the Video Card Drivers, especially the Nvidia one get updated is it necessary to run the Voodoo Fix again ? or is the 1st time Sufficient.
2. Could the Fix become a Sticky ?.

Cheers

David
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

1. If the Video Card Drivers, especially the Nvidia one get updated is it necessary to run the Voodoo Fix again ? or is the 1st time Sufficient.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I just posted the fix, I know nothing about it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along.

2. Could the Fix become a Sticky ?.

It's an announcement so it will always be at the top.
Blade

Post by Blade »

:thumbup: