Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Volker

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Volker »

I am using a BenQ 4K HDR monitor.
Volker

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Volker »

Unbelievable, but I finally got it. Full Screen 1920x1080.

Changed Regedit as seen here in the forum, but this time I did not change the properties of the Links exe-files to a compatibility-mode, and set the display size for apps in Windows to 150% while Windows itself is set to 3840x2160.

Hope it will work tomorrow again... Next step will be AA settings.

I want to thank everybody who helped me. This forum is a motivation to play Links again!
nicodaft

Post by nicodaft »

Thanks Guys, especially Andy, i could'nt Have Skies runnnig well but it's fixed now!!

Just a problem with the Green Analyzer. The Green moving away when i open the Green Analyzer.

Maybe a resolution issue. I'm gonna do some tests and go back to you guys.

Thanks again, cheers, :cheers1: !

Nico.

Edit: GA maintains stable when i check/uncheck some boxes :pcwhack: on GA screen...hope it helps
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Andy

Because the weather in the UK is so cold, no-one's playing golf, so I went back to Links2003 on my new PC to try and overcome my graphics card problems!

I followed your dgVoodoo Direct X Wrapper instructions religiously, (I jhave a DG Voodoo Video card anyway) and now have perfectly playable game.

HOWEVER there are still one or two mysteries that I can't understand:-

1. When I look at "Options" if I choose "Full Screen", I get a perectly good full screen game at 1024 x 768 x 32 bit, but the intro screens are all stretched out left to right.

2. If I go to "Window" I'm left with a poky little window in top left of my screen - it should be about three times the size.

3. In Full Screen mode, despite much fiddling about (a) there are no grids on greens so putting is a nightmare, and (b) the direction marker only shows on the main screen (whereas it should also show on the camera view screen top right), so paying a dogleg is also a nightmare.

Any further suggestions? Once I'm sorted I can go back to a bit of Course design.

Cheers

John Brooks :sad:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Andy!

Sorry, forgot - one other problem is that, surprisingly, I can see the ball flight on my top view camera, but nothing on the main screen.

Cheers

John
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Is your Player set to Elite mode? Elite mode doesnt allow for grid nor the aim marker being displayed in the top cam. Not sure about not seeing the ball in main cam though... that seems odd. You can increase the size of the ball in the settings so that it becomes easier to see - in case that might be the problem.

About the menus being stretched - are you sure your monitor is actually 1024 x 768 ? I believe in some setups, the actual display mode is different than the one Links says it is. You might be playing in more of a wide screen format, and then it is normal for the menu to be stretched. The menus being stretched shouldnt really a problem because while playing golf it indeed goes back to normal. I think the only substantial negative aspect to widescreen modes is that replays using the 3x zoom option will often not display "low enough" to see the hole, but the 2x option is usually good enough - perhaps unless using even wider display formats.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

@...Adelade..."About the menus being stretched - are you sure your monitor is actually 1024 x 768 ? I believe in some setups, the actual display mode is different than the one Links says it is"....that's correct Adelade...Intel Integrated 620 here...tinkering with the display mode in reg edit ..solved my issue back in the day...hope this helps some... :thumbup:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Guys

Thanks for your useful emails. But I'm afraid no go. My game's set to Pro level. Still nothing at all in top cam except the ball in flight (but not in main cam), and direction finder in main cam but not top cam?!?!

Not too bothered about 3 x zoom option - my shots are so bad I don't really want to see them again!

Still fiddling around with various screen combos.

Cheers

John Brooks :mad:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

OK, I've teached the stage where I'll just have to accept matters as they are with my DG Voodoo card.

So I thought I'd go back to a bit of Course Design, just like old times! Everything worked out fine until I started to play around with elevations. For some reason, when I go to Terrain/Vertex/Select, instead of dropping and raising verts straight up and down, the machine has decided to move them left and right as well! Is it the new card, or am I being a bit loopy after a long lay-ff?

Cheers

John Brooks :helpsmilie:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi John,
Have you tried this............?
try this.jpg
try this.jpg (82.08 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
Sage..... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.