Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Blade

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Blade »

OK the Nvidia Driver updated today & the original install of the Fix still works :smile: So it appears that installing the Fix once is enough.
Titus

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Titus »

Hello,

I never had big problems with Links2003 and Windows 10. But with a new monitor Links looked like this yesterday.
screen0196.jpg
screen0196.jpg (281.57 KiB) Viewed 6366 times
All attempts with Win10 and the nvidia settings failed.
Only with this instruction from Andy it worked again, thank you very much.

A question about this: If I use the old monitor again, I can simply delete the drivers, or I have to uninstall it somehow?

Thanks again, after many hours that was the solution. :clapping:
Hal Wing

Post by Hal Wing »

Andy, I can't thank you enough. I was even considering replacing the failed hard drive on my old computer just to be able to play Links again.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

I had recently returned to playing rounds on Links 2003 after a long layoff (since the early 2000's, I even designed [amateur] a golf course in Course Designer back then). It was awesome, why was I gone for so long?! Then I got a new laptop and found that Links was totally hosed on that machine. The sky wouldn't render (just shows "links" placeholder graphic and some other junk) and the Top View failed to work. That was a bummer until I found this thread, and just like other posters found that these steps got me working again! Although it was true, as Andy said, that I had to exit/start Links a few times before it learned, or whatever, to make it all work. Thank you so much, the effort everyone has made to get this running for us is appreciated.
:cheers1:
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Welcome back migolfer!! Enjoy the wealth of courses available here to be enjoyed on this wonderful game.

Looking at your username, are you a fellow Michigander?

Jim
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Hey Jim, thank you. Yes, I am a lifelong Michigander. Lived in a variety of places in the state and have golfed a lot of the courses (318 last count). Am reloading a lot of the Links 2003 courses I downloaded years ago and am finding a bunch of new ones (esp. Whistling Straits HD, looks like a gem) :smile:
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

migolfer,

I don't know how many courses I've played in Links but unfortunately it is way more than in real life, the Gailes up in Oscoda and Red Hawk in Tawas the best that I've played for real, maybe 12 to 15 courses total.

Jim
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the instructions are embedded in Andy's thread-starter! Thanks!
:thumbup:
Koolmov

Post by Koolmov »

Andy, thanks for the info, But I'm afraid most of it is a little over my head. I was able to follow your steps as far as pasting the 3DLL file to my links folder, but I can't see where to find the dgvoodoo.DirectxCpl.exe file to run the configuration.

Can yu point me to it?

thanks,

Phil
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Your anti virus program likely deleted it. You can paste it back into Links again from the zip file but you will need to turn off your anti virus first.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse