Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Volker

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Volker »

Hello,

I have tried that, but same effect.
Regedit.jpg
Regedit.jpg (167.33 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
I also have tried the dgVoodooCpl.exe with the D3D9.dll file, but no effect. When starting Links, my GeForce 2080 is named as accelerator.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by Andy »

Interesting problem.

What is your Windows screen resolution set to?

Right click on desktop and select Display Settings.

This is mine.
display.jpg
display.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
gator

Post by gator »

Something mentioned numerous times by old Links Corner forum member Armand both on the old forum and a different site was disabling the high DPI setting for the Links executable file.

In File Explorer, right-click on the Links executable file, select the compatibility tab, left-click 'Change high DPI settings',

Compatability tab.jpg
Compatability tab.jpg (93.84 KiB) Viewed 5205 times

next, check the box for 'Override high DPI scaling behavior', and make sure the 'Scaling performed by:' drop down below that is set to Application.

Override high DPI.jpg
Override high DPI.jpg (76.42 KiB) Viewed 5205 times
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

If your GeForce 2080 is named as Accelerator while trying the program you mentioned, that would suggest you might not have set it up properly for it to work, you could review the instructions and try again - if its not what Andy is pointing to.

Also, check if you perhaps have any compatibility settings activated that may be interfering? (Right click > Properties for LinksMMIII and LinksLauncher) Or alternatively, maybe try some of the compatibility settings? Ah I see gator beat me to it.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Volker

Post by Volker »

Hello,

what a wonderful community here, so much help. Thanx a lot.

I have tried all your posted configurations. For one short time I had Links running in Full Screen 1920x1080, when I set Windows scaling from 200 back to 150. But when I restarted, it did not work again. Setting the Windows Display to 1920x1080 didn´t help either.

When changing the properties of Launcher and/or LinksMMIII -> DPI settings, then Links does never start. I have tried much now, maybe it won´t work on my PC.

Thanks again for your help.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Have you tried updating your drivers for display adapter? I saw a thread about windows scaling automatically resetting, which may or may not be the same issue you're having, but that was what was recommended (and it may be a good thing to test either way)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Volker

Post by Volker »

Hello,

the latest drivers for my display adapter are installed.

The only way Links works on my PC is in windowed mode, 1680x1050, but thats not good enough to play the game :surrender:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Volker wrote: July 4th, 2021, 8:09 amThe only way Links works on my PC is in windowed mode, 1680x1050, but thats not good enough to play the game :surrender:
It isnt? :sad: Thats how I play the game! :laugh:

I understand though, on a bigger monitor than mine Im sure it may be harder to tolerate. Hopefully someone else has any ideas, I feel like the fact you had it working a while should give some clues, but all I can think of is checking if your windows scaling automatically reset. Or maybe remove / undo / uninstall all the fixes you've tried and completely reinstall Links, to make sure none of the fixes are interfering with eachother. The one I would try first again, if it was me, would be the DPI one.
Volker

Post by Volker »

Thanks for response, Adelaide.

I won´t give up so fast, but at the moment I don´t know what to try next. Whenever I want to start Links in Full Screen mode, this message appears:
LinksLauncher.jpg
LinksLauncher.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
Have a nice Sunday!
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

What monitor are you using? I use a Samsung 23" Monitor/HDTV with 1680 x 1050, and I've displayed Links on my 70" 4k Sony at 1920 x 1080, but the TV upconverts. You're not using your iPhone, are you? :surrender:

Pete