Classic swing issue

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Mootz

Classic swing issue

Post by Mootz »

Using the classic swing, frequently when I click the mouse to stop at the bottom, the bottom marker stays green if I stop exactly on the mark and the ball slices dramatically. Not sure if this is a video card issue, driver issue, or software issue.
AJ Allen

Re: Classic swing issue

Post by AJ Allen »

I have that happen to me in the past, and it seems it is usually an issue with the mouse not registering a click. So try a different mouse, one of the best for links (for me anyway) is older corded ones rather than the wireless ones. A corded mouse just seems to be more reliable with detecting your click.

Cheers, AJ
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Mootz wrote: August 15th, 2020, 12:14 am Using the classic swing, frequently when I click the mouse to stop at the bottom, the bottom marker stays green if I stop exactly on the mark and the ball slices dramatically. Not sure if this is a video card issue, driver issue, or software issue.
As an alternative, you can use a keyboard key instead of the mouse button. You can use the ZERO key on your nums-pad. Just make sure your nums-pad lock is turned on when you try.

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Mootz

Post by Mootz »

AJ Allen wrote: August 15th, 2020, 3:22 am I have that happen to me in the past, and it seems it is usually an issue with the mouse not registering a click. So try a different mouse, one of the best for links (for me anyway) is older corded ones rather than the wireless ones. A corded mouse just seems to be more reliable with detecting your click.

Cheers, AJ
Thanks for replying. I forgot to mention that when playing career mode with a computer player, it also happens with the computer player