Sky Changing Issues

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Whitehouse Dragon

Sky Changing Issues

Post by Whitehouse Dragon »

Hi, I have returned to Links after a number of years. Used to play Links 2001. Now have Links 2003 and all is working well aside from some attempts at changing the Sky from its default position to any other or random settings. When I have done this the game then plays with all the sky 'blacked out' and the top 1/3rd of the imagery in view, the same. Has necessitated 'uninstalling' all files and installing again. Opted to play with clear skies after this. Would there be any remedy? Thanks in advance from Brad.
Adelade

Re: Sky Changing Issues

Post by Adelade »

First of all, do you have the following patches installed?

1.07 and nVidia ones found at https://www.linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewt ... p?f=4&t=10

Also since you mentioned playing Career Mode, the Career Mode fix found at https://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-2003-v107
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
alstarr

Post by alstarr »

I had the same problem in Windows 10. Someone in this forum recommended dgVoodo 2 and it works flawlessly with the Intel graphics chip.
Search the web for dgVoodoo2_62_1.zip. There is a 2.6.3 version out there but I cannot speak to whether it works or not.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (362 KiB) Viewed 4749 times
Whitehouse Dragon

Thanks very much for the helpful responses Adelade and Alstarr. Re: the 1.07 patch I am confidently assuming that I have it within what I have installed as I do have the gusty wind option (which is great, although I've found that creates the real life issue of uncertainty over club selection, and going back to the bag after address) and the 'challenging options" etc.... I think the issue is with my laptop program software. And I might have the issue as Alstarr mentioned with Windows 10. I will take note of the recommended remedy and apply that in the future once I have completed this season (which could be several months). Have spent considerable time establishing that and address the matter in the future. Thanks for taking the time to respond and provide some clarity.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Laptops with integrated graphics (2 different GPUs) usually need the dgVoodoo fix to display properly, I am using it myself.

Correctly implementing it should not interfere with your current season :thumbup:
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Whitehouse Dragon

Thank you Adelade. Will give this a try at the end of my current season.
shaun11

Post by shaun11 »

hello.returning linkster with my new laptop (win 10) and i have this sky issue.have d/led and put into the Links folder the voodoo 1 program but still no joy.the above link to a related topic is no longer live so could anyone give me a step by step fix for this or help in any way? tks
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Welcome back :cheers1:

Which link? The only ones I see are the two I posted, which both still work for me. If they dont for you, try to right click them and copy the link location/address (exactly what it says should depend on what browser you use), then paste (ctrl+v) it into the search bar and remove the https:// part so that it starts with www.

I see that the new topic about the program is removed :sad: Is that what you meant? At least I cannot find it anymore. The document about it that was added on another site still seems to work, Im guessing that means we have to handle any guidance about the program via private email from now on? :unsure:
shaun11

Post by shaun11 »

tks for the reply.i don't think the nivida link applies to me althoufgh i have put all patchs in.my laptop runs an intel chip and video.i have extracted the files from voodoo 1 and put them anywhere i can in the Links program file but to no avail.i know i must be doing something wrong.running windows 10.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I can't help you with a step-by-step since I don't have your problem, but people with you exact problem and your exact video have fixed it with voodoo. Maybe if you read the instructions more carefully... :smile:

Pete