Sky Changing Issues

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Whitehouse Dragon

Re: Sky Changing Issues

Post by Whitehouse Dragon »

I recently applied the fix as per the other thread in the Tech Forum.. and also reviewed and applied the instructions that comes with the download... of what to do and not do. With the .dll files. And it worked much to my relief. Might just be one step. Hope it can work for you too.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Thanks for whomever suggested this solution. I also could not get the sky thing to work and I was fine with just the plain blue sky. I tried the fix and it worked for Links 2003. I also could not get Links 2001 to go into hardware acceleration. This solution worked for Links 2001 acceleration mode. I also tried it for PGA2000 Championship golf game and it worked for it also. So...I'm happy for the help. Thanks.
shaun11

Post by shaun11 »

well i guess its back to dumping Links because i am still none the wiser.tks anyway.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

shaun11 wrote: October 6th, 2020, 12:06 am well i guess its back to dumping Links because i am still none the wiser.tks anyway.
You mentioned the Nvidia patch earlier and that you didnt think it applied to you, but Im not sure if you meant you had tried that one too or not? Its name is somewhat misleading as it is in fact NOT only for Nvidia users. Other than that, if you're confident you followed the instructions for the separate program correctly and it still isnt working (does it say 3D accelaration by that program at the bottom of the screen when Links loads up for you? If not, you probably didnt set it up correctly) ... well... if you still want to make more attempts of solving it, are there any more details about it you can post please? If you describe what you experience with your issue straight out (perhaps with screenshots too) someone might think of something.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...