Resolution problems

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Lez Marwick

Resolution problems

Post by Lez Marwick »

Well, after quite a few issues I'm most of the way there now to getting Links 2003 running. My main problem at the moment is that on Windows display setting my scale is set to 150%(recommended) but with this setting Links displays my full screen only partially and the rest is off screen and inaccessible. It's as if I'm looking at a 1920x1080 screen through a smaller window, which is what I think is happening. If I set Links to Windows mode I only have 800x600 as an option. Rendering also seems very slow considering I have a good graphics card, but maybe I'm just forgetting how bad Links 2003 is. :dunno:
So far I've installed nvidia patch from LSPN, installed 1.07, edited registry to 14 for 1920x1080, and edited VideoCard.txt (although this changed nothing)
A workaround is obviously to drop my Windows 10 display scale to 100% before running Links and then back to 150% when I exit but I'd rather not have to do this. I'd also like to have the option of other Windows mode resolutions.
Any ideas?
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Still Linksing

Re: Resolution problems

Post by Still Linksing »

Lez Marwick wrote: July 27th, 2020, 11:36 pm My main problem at the moment is that on Windows display setting my scale is set to 150%(recommended)
Who recommended this? Is this from a person or what Windows is telling you? It's really bad advice.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Try the different options in Properties (within file explorer) > Compatibility > Change High DPI settings/High DPI scaling override, I think.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Titus

Post by Titus »

hello,
i think this windows setting e.g. 150% has nothing to do with the game, this only applies to adapting Windows to the monitor
so that everything can be read well.

I had the same problem, you never saw the whole game, just a part of it, by Windows setting for me 175%.
But after the patch 1.07, the patch for Nvidia and the regedit setting 15, the game ran with 1920x1200 32bit.
(the setting would be 14, 1920x1080 32bit)

So don't give up.

Nice to see you're back.

Greetings Titus
Last edited by Titus on July 28th, 2020, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

My scaling is set to 100%. I have the 1.07 and Nvidia patches installed and use a Regedit setting of 14 for 1920x1080 32bit. No problems with Links or APCD.
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Adelade wrote: July 28th, 2020, 8:15 am Try the different options in Properties (within file explorer) > Compatibility > Change High DPI settings/High DPI scaling override, I think.
Thanks Adelade. That did the trick! :thumbup:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen