Ghost Sounds within the Links Sound Editor -Solved !!!

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
umanfly2boot

Ghost Sounds within the Links Sound Editor -Solved !!!

Post by umanfly2boot »

This is unrelated , But i am speculating to what i feel is a 64 bit issue when it comes to Links 2003 from a 32 bit system .
Maybe the Channels are limited in spectrum that causes the effect that we expect , and we dont get clarity on sound issues.

But heres what i am seeing / or hearing ....that is

When editing Soundscripts or when creating New Sound Scripts on the Links Sound Editor
I am getting Embedded sounds on 1 soundscript , that have bled over to another sound script
EXample ( wave 1 ) on another soundscript .

Wave 1 - On The Duke.ssf Soundscript : is bleeding into another soundscript called ( Sega.ssf ) that also has a ( wav 1 ).
I can edit it out ...but later on its still there ...off and on .
Until i run error cleaning software ,then clean my registery with regedit and search for with any related names of ( wav 1 )
And maybe sometime later it disappears ....
Its a weird anomaly , but it has to be registry related ,and yet its only dealing with the Links 2003 Editor .

Anyone else Run into this ?
Last edited by umanfly2boot on February 13th, 2021, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umanfly2boot

Re: Ghost Sounds within the Links Sound Editor - Sort of ...Hehe.

Post by umanfly2boot »

Found a solution .......
When making sound scripts , do not use the editor in Links 2003 .
It seems the program does not show you all the scripts that are in your file .
If you take the soundscript in Links 2003 and tranfer it over to Links 2001
You can find those pesky soundscripts edits that you have been hearing in Links 2003 but have been unable to find
Bottom Line : Links 2001 Soundscript editor is the the best , use it to create your sound scripts and then
transfer them over to links 2003 . :thumbup: