Opening Microsoft courses in APCD 1.5

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Toppers47

Opening Microsoft courses in APCD 1.5

Post by Toppers47 »

Is there a way to open courses bought from Microsoft in APCD 1.5? Every time I try to open one, it says it can't load it/is not a crz (even though it is?)
Danny D

Re: Opening Microsoft courses in APCD 1.5

Post by Danny D »

Toppers47 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:00 am Is there a way to open courses bought from Microsoft in APCD 1.5? Every time I try to open one, it says it can't load it/is not a crz (even though it is?)
There is no way that any of us know about. We were never supposed to be able to access them. They are off-limits and I think are most likely copyrighted. Just guessing on the copyright. :dunno:

As far as the APCD returning the message that it's not a CRZ (even though it is) that's a generic message the APCD gives you if a course is locked. Even if the crz file name doesn't contain the word "locked". We designers have a program that will lock our courses so you can't tamper with them or make any changes. When we run the locking program, it inserts the word "locked" in the crz file name. For example, it might say "Sandy Beach GC 2010_locked.crz". If you tried to open one like that, APCD will tell you it's not a CRZ. You can even edit the CRZ name and remove the word "locked" from the title, but it will still tell you it's not a CRZ. So if you can't open one, and you get that message, you won't be able to get into it.

Sorry. :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Toppers47

Post by Toppers47 »

Well shoot! At least I don't have to worry about it anymore!
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

Danny D wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:21 am
Toppers47 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:00 am Is there a way to open courses bought from Microsoft in APCD 1.5? Every time I try to open one, it says it can't load it/is not a crz (even though it is?)
There is no way that any of us know about. We were never supposed to be able to access them. They are off-limits and I think are most likely copyrighted. Just guessing on the copyright. :dunno:

As far as the APCD returning the message that it's not a CRZ (even though it is) that's a generic message the APCD gives you if a course is locked. Even if the crz file name doesn't contain the word "locked". We designers have a program that will lock our courses so you can't tamper with them or make any changes. When we run the locking program, it inserts the word "locked" in the crz file name. For example, it might say "Sandy Beach GC 2010_locked.crz". If you tried to open one like that, APCD will tell you it's not a CRZ. You can even edit the CRZ name and remove the word "locked" from the title, but it will still tell you it's not a CRZ. So if you can't open one, and you get that message, you won't be able to get into it.

Sorry. :sad:

Dan
agreed i'm pretty sure we were NEVER ment to have/get access to those courses in the APCD