Links 2003 launch problems

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
viz

Links 2003 launch problems

Post by viz »

I've upgraded my computer recently and have a Windows 10 operating system; after install DVoodoo file for graphics and the Links problem was operating well until recently.

In the last few days, I'm unable to launch the program - a black screen briefly appears and then kicks me back to to desktop.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this situation?
Still Linksing

Re: Links 2003 launch problems

Post by Still Linksing »

Read the thread below. Are your problems the same as this? Did you try removing USB devices?

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=542
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
viz

Post by viz »

Yes, removed my USB devices and still no progress...not sure how and if this can be resolved.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

viz wrote: June 12th, 2020, 7:09 pm Yes, removed my USB devices and still no progress...not sure how and if this can be resolved.
Does it seem exactly the same as the problem I linked too? Do you see the same screen the OP of the other thread sees?

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 2&start=10
Golf Sim Clubhouse
viz

Post by viz »

Does anyone know if they have had success with the following fix?:

http://www.fileerrors.com/microsoft-10- ... 003.html#1
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

viz wrote: June 14th, 2020, 3:49 pm[...]
Er I dont know but I recommend being very careful with that site, looks very sketchy to me :fear: If Im wrong Im sure someone will correct me but until then I would recommend staying away from that site if not being very confident about what one is doing :ninja:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
angstfree

Post by angstfree »

Look, just recently I experienced what you're going through, I think. I would click the icon on desktop to start Links and boom, crash! I knew right away that it corresponded to a new Microsoft update. I started by uninstalling my last update and :cheers1: Bingo. Maybe this will help!
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

angstfree wrote: June 14th, 2020, 4:15 pm Look, just recently I experienced what you're going through, I think. I would click the icon on desktop to start Links and boom, crash! I knew right away that it corresponded to a new Microsoft update. I started by uninstalling my last update and :cheers1: Bingo. Maybe this will help!
Yeah, this is what I thought the 2 cases looked like. May be an update affecting certain hardware. If a 3rd person comes along with the same problem you can just about guarantee a Win 10 update is likely to blame.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
viz

Post by viz »

Just so I'm clear - am I uninstalling the Windows driver updates or visual C+?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

viz, what makes you think they're driver updates? They're Windows 10 updates. Microsoft has been screwing them up for years and years (and years).