Mouse lag

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Larrycleve

Mouse lag

Post by Larrycleve »

I've suddenly developed a severe mouse lag playing powerstroke. Everything worked fine last night and it happened when I started Links 2003 this morning. Nothing was changed.

I'm using Windows 10 with the DGVoodoo fix with an Intel cpu. I'm using an Nvidia GX 1080. The mouse is a Corvair M65 RGB Elite. I tried plugging the mouse in several usb ports and reinstalling Links. Nothing has worked. Other than this everything else about Links is working fine. Any suggestions?
GoBucks

Re: Mouse lag

Post by GoBucks »

Was/is anything running in the background? I've had this happen before. Annoying.
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

#1 cause I've encountered - low battery! Second thing, I reloaded Links, but you have to make sure and save all your old files. Third thing, clone your current player to a new name. I swear it seems that Links "learns" my player's tendencies and somehow affects them. A new player name clears my mind of that worry.

Do you ever drop your mouse? It seems like that causes changes, too. Good luck!

Pete
Larrycleve

Post by Larrycleve »

I'll try deleting the player (myself) and recreate it. I think I've had it since I bought Links 2003 in 2003. I also have another mouse which I'll try. The current mouse works fine with everything else.
Larrycleve

Post by Larrycleve »

I recreated a new player and tried a new mouse. Still not working. I think I'm missing something simple
Larrycleve

Post by Larrycleve »

I found another clue. I tried playing Virtual Pool and the lag is even worse. So its something in my computer. It seems to only affect games. I'll see if there's any background process that's running that wasn't there before. I'll run an anti virus scan also.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

What's wrong is called "windows 10".......................

Sage...... :scared:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Larrycleve

Post by Larrycleve »

I noticed sound stopped working also. I reinstalled the audio driver and made sure the headphones were plugged in the right port. This sounds like a virus. I ran a scan with Norton and Malwarebytes and they found nothing. I uninstalled Norton and installed Webroot since it's inexpensive and it didn't find anything. So I guess it's not a virus. I can't imagine what else it could be.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Larrycleve wrote: May 16th, 2020, 6:40 pm I found another clue. I tried playing Virtual Pool and the lag is even worse. So its something in my computer. It seems to only affect games. I'll see if there's any background process that's running that wasn't there before. I'll run an anti virus scan also.
AH HA! Another Virtual Pool player eh? "Would you care for a dollar on the five and nine" Dave Dudley - The Pool Shark song

Any chance that you play 3 cushion billiards, or One Pocket? ? :naughty:

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Larrycleve

Post by Larrycleve »

I usually play 8 ball but I'm up to playing another game. I posted this problem on another forum and they suggested system restore and it worked! :smile: