Missing pieces in 2003

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
sgsva

Missing pieces in 2003

Post by sgsva »

Hi. New to this forum but here with questions.

I still have my original sets of installation discs for the 98, 99, 01 and 03 versions of Links. I also still have the original installation of the 2001 version on my backup drive. To occupy this virus downtime, I attempted to reinstall the 03 set but ran into the apparently-common "disc not recognized" message. I installed the v1.07 update from Links Country Club and the 03 version worked...kinda. Problem is that it doesn't have animations for the prime stars: Palmer and Garcia, and won't accept any of the others I had created under the 01.

I'd like to use the 03 updated version but can't seem to conquer these problems. If anyone has answers to making the 03 Links work the way it was originally intended, please let me know. Currently using the latest Windows 10 and I've tried compatibility modes but no go.

Thanks.

Steve
Danny D

Re: Missing pieces in 2003

Post by Danny D »

sgsva wrote: May 11th, 2020, 4:55 pm Hi. New to this forum but here with questions.

I still have my original sets of installation discs for the 98, 99, 01 and 03 versions of Links. I also still have the original installation of the 2001 version on my backup drive. To occupy this virus downtime, I attempted to reinstall the 03 set but ran into the apparently-common "disc not recognized" message. I installed the v1.07 update from Links Country Club and the 03 version worked...kinda. Problem is that it doesn't have animations for the prime stars: Palmer and Garcia, and won't accept any of the others I had created under the 01.

I'd like to use the 03 updated version but can't seem to conquer these problems. If anyone has answers to making the 03 Links work the way it was originally intended, please let me know. Currently using the latest Windows 10 and I've tried compatibility modes but no go.

Thanks.

Steve
Hi Steve. Welcome to the Links Forum...

Download these patches and install them according to the included text file instructions. The RuKsHuK.exe will allow you to run Links 2003 without inserting the factory CD.

If you continue to have graphic problems with Windows 10, you may also need to install a "dgvoodoo" patch. I've never needed it, so can't give you the best information on which version to get or where to get it from. I'm sure someone else can help you with that if you end up needing it. Try these patches first and then let us know if there are additional problems and what they are.

On another note, if you are using Links 2003, there is no Palmer ANI included with that version. You cannot use Links ANI's from earlier versions in Links 2003. There is a Garcia ANI included with 2003 and it should be in there.

Good luck,

Dan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw8vgi53jo08t ... S.zip?dl=0
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added