Problem with Saved Shots

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Weeler

Problem with Saved Shots

Post by Weeler »

Hey, Folks.....
I'm hesitant to make this post because it sounds so "weird", but trust me, it's real. First off, let me tell you a little about my hardware. I'm
running an HP Pavilion Slimline, 2.5 Ghz CPU, 4 Gb RAM, and a self-installed NVidia GeForce GT 710 graphics card. Windows 7 64 bit OS. LINKS performs
beautifully on this set-up. However, the antialiasing "jaggies" are bothersome, and in an effort to reduce them I made some adjustments to my
(Game set-up ONLY), graphics card via the NVidia Control Panel. As you can see this topic is "Problem with Saved Shots". I have nearly 50
of them, from a few unique birdies, 8 eagles, and 2 HO1's. Of course I enjoy re-watching these occasionally.
After I "tweaked" some things on the Control Panel, on ALL of Saved Shots, the clubs are missing !! It looks SO strange, and I can't deal with
that. When I actually play a round on LINKS , the clubs are there, and the graphics look great. It's only when I try to view the saved shots that they
disappear. WTH ??? So.....I guess I'm asking for someone to post screenshots of your NVidia Control Panel settings ,( if your system is pretty much
"optimized") , so I can see what I've done wrong. Everything USED to be OK, prior to my experimenting. What setting actually controls whether or not
the clubs are visible ??? I have no idea. I remember in the old Forum, this was a very pertinent topic, and there were some screenshots of those key
settings. Can anyone help me out here??? I'd really appreciate it. :helpsmilie:

Thanks for your time...........Ron "Weeler" Weel
pmgolf

Re: Problem with Saved Shots

Post by pmgolf »

Just a guess... Check your Polyani folder inside the Links 2003 folder and see if you have a "clubs.l3" file.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Since you have clubs under normal circumstances, I would would un-tweak your tweaks in the control panel one at a time. In other words, change one, view saved shot. if no change, you can re-tweak that one and move on to the next. Whenever I make changes to my settings, I keep notes. That way I can get back to where I started. And I normally only change one thing at a time. Something I learned a long time ago.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I reset all the graphic selections to "default", plus I realized when looking in Poly Ani, some newly downloaded clubsets were not there. I found
them and moved them. That doesn't neccessarily explain why NO clubs showed up in the saved shots....but, as of now all is well and back to normal.
Thanks for the input, guys.

Ron