Game Crashes on Windows 10... HELP!

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Danny D

Game Crashes on Windows 10... HELP!

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys...

I have a Links friend I used to play with years ago and he is trying to get Links working on his computer. He has a Dell desktop unit with Windows 10 Pro and Intel HD Graphics 530, which I believe (but not sure) to be onboard integrated graphics. I've helped him with what I know, but am not familiar with the tricks to get it working on Windows 10.

When he first installed it, the graphics were so magnified that he couldn't get to any menu's in Links to change anything. I had him download and install the 1.07 patch, and the NVIDIA patch. (no need for RuKsHuK because he bought the download version of Links). After installing the 2 above patches, he was able to get the graphics set right in Links, but he still has some problems.

There is a row of small white blocks going across the middle of the screen from side to side, and he experiences multiple crashes while trying to play a round of golf. The crashes seem to occur mostly after he hits a shot, and it tries to draw the next screen.

Can anyone offer any tips as to what else he might need to do to stop the crashes and get rid of the white blocks? Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Still Linksing

Re: Game Crashes on Windows 10... HELP!

Post by Still Linksing »

That'll be integrated graphics. For crashes and graphical glitches with integrated graphics straight to dgVoodoo and see how things go.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 1:43 am That'll be integrated graphics. For crashes and graphical glitches with integrated graphics straight to dgVoodoo and see how things go.
Yah, he sent me the details on the computer, and it says it's using "Processor Graphics", which means it's integrated in the processor. :pcwhack: Thanks. I'll look for dgvoodoo. :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 1:43 am That'll be integrated graphics. For crashes and graphical glitches with integrated graphics straight to dgVoodoo and see how things go.
I found it ok, but is this program safe to use? Can it cause any odd issues with his computer that he needs to be aware of? :unsure: ?
Completed Courses
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Danny D wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 3:51 am
I found it ok, but is this program safe to use? Can it cause any odd issues with his computer that he needs to be aware of? :unsure: ?
It's perfectly safe. It has sent virus software crazy for years but it is perfectly safe. Used extensively by many, many people including me.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 4:54 am
Danny D wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 3:51 am
It's perfectly safe. It has sent virus software crazy for years but it is perfectly safe. Used extensively by many, many people including me.
Cool! :notworthy: I'll pass it on to him. Thanks for the tip! :cheers1:
Completed Courses