For Windows 7 and Windows 10 Users...

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Danny D

For Windows 7 and Windows 10 Users...

Post by Danny D »

I'm not sure how many of you folks that are using Windows 10 are aware of it or not, but you can set up Windows 10 to look just like Windows 7, or XP if you like. I ran across this video a few weeks ago. Thought I'd pass it on... My sister followed this, and successfully upgraded her laptop from Win7 to Win10...

Here's a 20 minute video that some of you may find helpful. He will tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, for free, and how to set up Windows 10 to look like earlier versions of Windows, including Win 7, and XP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdNL-pvvXH4

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Re: For Windows 7 and Windows 10 Users...

Post by Adelade »

Yea I recommend these kinda things too, everytime I get a new system with a new OS I always end up googling how to make certain things work or look like the old thing and feels like its super worth doing! I remember how I couldnt stand the new taskbar once, and the taskbar I use to this day is what I believe is a Vista-looking one. I actually really like the start menu of win 10 as long as you (heavily) customize it. Ninite and Classic Start sure seem like they would make things go fast and smooth, will try to remember next time I get a new system :thumbup:

...Although honestly I like having full control so knowing myself I will still probably end up doing things manually and individually.. :wallbash:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I also ran across a discontinued Microsoft Essentials "Movie Maker" program that some people can't find anymore. It's a pretty decent Movie Maker Program. If anyone is interested in this free Microsoft movie maker software for Windows 7, let me know and I'll get it to you.

Dan :tiphat:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Danny D wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:46 am I also ran across a discontinued Microsoft Essentials "Movie Maker" program that some people can't find anymore. It's a pretty decent Movie Maker Program. If anyone is interested in this free Microsoft movie maker software for Windows 7, let me know and I'll get it to you.

Hi Danny-I'm just doing some "housecleaning on my Links Corner (more about that elsewhere) and came across this post. I this what they used to include the old course "visuals" back in the day?
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: October 28th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Danny D wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:46 am I also ran across a discontinued Microsoft Essentials "Movie Maker" program that some people can't find anymore. It's a pretty decent Movie Maker Program. If anyone is interested in this free Microsoft movie maker software for Windows 7, let me know and I'll get it to you.

Hi Danny-I'm just doing some "housecleaning on my Links Corner (more about that elsewhere) and came across this post. I this what they used to include the old course "visuals" back in the day?
I have no idea about that Jimbo. All I really know about it is that it used to part of some Microsoft suite software called "Windows Essentials", and was eventually discontinued. Someone told me where I could get a copy of it, so I downloaded it and gave it a try. It's a decent movie making program for free, and works well with Windows 7.

Here's a brief and simple explanation... https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/w/winessen.htm

Dan
Completed Courses