Windows 7 1.07 patch has error message

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
LouG

Windows 7 1.07 patch has error message

Post by LouG »

My new computer arrived today and I installed Links 2003 and then the 1.07 patch. Windows 7 did not like something about the patch but the error message went away before I could write it down. Can I rerun the patch without breaking anything? How can I know if the patch is applied and working? Dell laptop with Nvidia geforce gtx 720 2gb video. Links appears to be running okay.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom...
Danny D

Re: Windows 7 1.07 patch has error message

Post by Danny D »

LouG wrote: November 16th, 2019, 2:49 am My new computer arrived today and I installed Links 2003 and then the 1.07 patch. Windows 7 did not like something about the patch but the error message went away before I could write it down. Can I rerun the patch without breaking anything? How can I know if the patch is applied and working? Dell laptop with Nvidia geforce gtx 720 2gb video. Links appears to be running okay.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom...
Hi Lou...

Future tip. Next time an error of any kind pops up on any programs, simply hit the PRINT SCRN key on your keyboard. Then open a paint program of some king and hit PASTE. You should get an image of the error message.

To check and see if the 1.07 patch is applied properly and working, you can try this. Open Links, go to the "OPTIONS" page, and at the bottom, press the button called "ABOUT". The version number should show in the box that popped up.
about.jpg
about.jpg (277.16 KiB) Viewed 2851 times
:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
LouG

Post by LouG »

Thanks for the prompt reply - version is correct (1.07) - the message I saw must have been informational.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

LouG wrote: November 16th, 2019, 12:45 pm Thanks for the prompt reply - version is correct (1.07) - the message I saw must have been informational.
:thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added