Windows 11 Install

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Jimbo

Re: Windows 11 Install

Post by Jimbo »

GoBucks wrote: ↑May 28th, 2023, 12:13 pm
gre81 wrote: ↑May 27th, 2023, 11:48 pm I did a clean install and still have the same issues. No idea what to do. :dunno:
Might try a search to see if anyone with a pavilion all-in-one has been successful. Not sure there are many success stories.
I was one of them...I had to do a reinstall on my old win 7 tower...it was an adventure that ultimately involved half of the folks in the group...I finally was able to reload the game and APCD Real courses!πŸ˜„
After which my old computer promptly died.
Sooo...I managed to get it onto my Win 11 with no problems.
But I've suspended "The Nitpicker" for the time being.
If any designers want real Betas nitpicked just indicate when you upload!πŸ˜„
I still have Capilano on my "to do" list...but this thing is frustrating as he'll and if I can't do justice then it will stay here...if The Nitpicker can't live up to being a Nitpickee...

Speaking of Real courses does anybody still have the Hamilton bet? It had been previously nitpicked and the main issues were the clubhouse (surprise, surprise!πŸ˜„) and tournament objects...notably the multitude of fans on the 18th green.
Unfortunately I didn't keep my copy...don't ask me why...if you have it I would be eternally (at least for a few daysπŸ˜‰) to get a copy back.
Merci!
Last edited by Jimbo on May 31st, 2023, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
gre81

Post by gre81 »

Seems my computer will not let me run the wrapper. It thinks it is a virus.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah gre81 thats common. It is up to you whether you want to ignore the warning and proceed with it. What I can say is that there have been at least 50 people (including myself) who have posted on this forum that they downloaded and ran the wrapper with success, and there have been no reports of any malware related problems encountered with it.

Considering you have a CPU which - at least according to a quick google search - has integrated graphics, there is a very good chance that the wrapper could solve graphical related issues for you. You didnt answer my last set of questions, so Im still not really clear about what exact issues you have, but I think the wrapper is definitely worth a try in your case.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gre81

Post by gre81 »

It doesn't give me a choice to accept or not. It just lets me know about it.
As for the 32 bit display it is very pixelated
gre81

Post by gre81 »

Adelade wrote: ↑May 28th, 2023, 7:04 am Its been a long while since I had to set up the wrapper, but I tested the download the other day, the .exe file is included in the .zip file - try downloading it again.

Are there any graphical issues in the menus? Only after loading a course?

I, too, am curious in what way 32-bit made it worse.

You can take a screenshot with the print screen key, was that the method you tried before? A .bmp file appears automatically in the Links main folder when doing so.
If I try to screenshot it just kicks me out of the program. 32 bit is very pixelated
dko

Post by dko »

My antivirus also gave me no option, so I opted to disable it and downloaded the wrapper with no problems then and since then. My game works great on 32-bit.

As I said before, I only use this computer for the game and some light browsing so it was a risk I was willing to take. Your choice. Maybe a techie on this forum can advise you about restoring the antivirus and the issues it may cause.
Doug
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: ↑May 29th, 2023, 5:18 pm
GoBucks wrote: ↑May 28th, 2023, 12:13 pm
gre81 wrote: ↑May 27th, 2023, 11:48 pm I did a clean install and still have the same issues. No idea what to do. :dunno:
Might try a search to see if anyone with a pavilion all-in-one has been successful. Not sure there are many success stories.
I was one of them...I had to do a reinstall on my old win 7 tower...it was an adventure that ultimately involved half of the folks in the group...I finally was able to reload the game and APCD Real courses!πŸ˜„
After which my ild computer promptly died.
Sooo...I managed to get it onto my Win 11 with no problems.
But I've suspended "The Nitpicker" for the time being.
If any designers want real Betas nitpicked just indicate when you upload!πŸ˜„
I still have Capilano on my "to do" list...but this thing is frustrating as he'll and if I can't do justice then it will stay here...if The Nitpicker can't live up to being a Nitpickee...

Speaking of Real courses does anybody still have the Hamilton bet? It had been previously nitpicked and the main issues were the clubhouse (surprise, surprise!πŸ˜„) and tournament objects...notably the multitude of fans on the 18th green.
Unfortunately I didn't keep my copy...don't ask me why...if you have it I would be eternally (at least for a few daysπŸ˜‰) to get a copy back.
Merci!
Jimbo, do you have an HP Pavilion all-in-one?
No matter where you go, there you are.
gre81

Post by gre81 »

Adelade wrote: ↑May 28th, 2023, 7:04 am Its been a long while since I had to set up the wrapper, but I tested the download the other day, the .exe file is included in the .zip file - try downloading it again.

Are there any graphical issues in the menus? Only after loading a course?

I, too, am curious in what way 32-bit made it worse.

You can take a screenshot with the print screen key, was that the method you tried before? A .bmp file appears automatically in the Links main folder when doing so.
If I try to screenshot it just kicks me out of the program. 32 bit is very pixelated
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

gre81 wrote: ↑May 30th, 2023, 7:59 pmIf I try to screenshot it just kicks me out of the program.
Thats not what I asked though, please re-read what you quoted.
32 bit is very pixelated
Which 32-bit mode did you try? If you for example try one with a lot lower resolution than your monitor and do full screen, it is expected to be pixelated.

If you let us know which antivirus you're using, someone might be able to walk you through how to bypass it. If no one else does, google search results would be better at explaining it than I would.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gre81

Post by gre81 »

I have tried all the resolutions available in the game with the same results. I am not sure what you are asking about screenshot. I have no print screen button. I have to use the windows+shift+S and this kicks me out of Links