No Sound

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
maddog0602

No Sound

Post by maddog0602 »

While playing in multiplayer format I can not get the sound to work. It will work as a single player but not the other way. Is there something I need to do to make it work. Is has worked previously.
chad

Re: No Sound

Post by chad »

Try out these Multiplayer Settings before you try another round.
The .WAV settings can be whatever you want to set it to.
Attachments
Links MSS.jpg
Links MSS.jpg (84.05 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
maddog0602

Post by maddog0602 »

Thanks Chad. I have it set to those setting for the next time I play. I will let you know if that worked.
maddog0602

Post by maddog0602 »

Hey Chad that recommendation you gave did not work. If anyone could help on how to get the sound working on multiplayer. It does work on single player.
gator

Post by gator »

I may be way off base here as I've never played online against anyone, but I seem to recall posts on the old forum wherein there were sound issues if both/all players did not have ALL of the wav files on their respective PCs that want to play during the round. It's worth checking.

Leo
maddog0602

Post by maddog0602 »

Leo, Thank you. I think I might try that but I might even reinstall links.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

maddog0602 wrote: January 24th, 2023, 9:58 pm Leo, Thank you. I think I might try that but I might even reinstall links.
Why would you re-install if that is the only issue you have? Just curious.
No matter where you go, there you are.
dick burt

Post by dick burt »

If your going to reinstall links,
install the updates in order"
1.02, 1.05, 1.07
same systems have problems with sound if you don't do this.
Just my thoughts. :dunno:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

gator wrote: January 24th, 2023, 8:14 pm I may be way off base here as I've never played online against anyone, but I seem to recall posts on the old forum wherein there were sound issues if both/all players did not have ALL of the wav files on their respective PCs that want to play during the round. It's worth checking.

Leo
Hi gator... My partner and I ran into that issue when I back when I switched to Window 7. We both had our own separate WAV files that we would play, and we could always hear them on both machines because one players computer would send it to the other players computer and it would play for both machines.

What started happening was, for example, I would play a WAV he didn't have, and it would simply knock us offline. It would no longer send the files to the other players computer like it used to.

Our solution was to turn on the function in the Links "Multiplayer" menu to "Play only LOCAL files". Doing it that way would keep it from being uploaded to the other players machines, but it would send the command to all the machines in the game, and it would play it if it was on your machine. At that point we had to make sure we always had the same identical wav files on our machines.

Here's the way we set our "Multiplayer options"

mpo.jpg
mpo.jpg (761.33 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
maddog0602

Post by maddog0602 »

I have tried everything that has been posted except the one stating if I reinstall the game to load all 3 updates in order. I even reinstalled the .ssf file and used other ones and nothing worked under multiplayer.