Sound

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
scrollmanmike

Sound

Post by scrollmanmike »

Hi experts:
I just installed a new graphics card. NVvidia GeForce GT730. I amusing Windows 10 64 bit and the game plays fine. My problem is I have no sound. I have been through all the settings in Links and everything seems to be turned on but no sound. Please help.
Thank you.
Mike
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Sound

Post by Andy »

Is it just Links sound that is missing?

If not, it may be that the graphics card has become the default sound handler and if there are no speakers plugged into it there will be no sound.

Otherwise, I haven't got a clue. :dunno:
scrollmanmike

Post by scrollmanmike »

Hi Andy:
Yes, its only Links that has no sound. You tube is fine and I can play music. I have Logitech speakers and subwoofer hooked up.
Thank you for trying,
Mike
scrollmanmike

Post by scrollmanmike »

New weird problem, it will play the interface music and I can hear the bagpipes in New York Memorial. Any guesses?
Thanks,
Mike
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

On the Sound Settings screen, did you click Yes for "Sound Enabled"? If you did then in the game, do you hear the "Swoosh" swing sound, or the "Rattle" sound of the ball falling in the cup? Where do you plug your sound in? Monitor? PC's sound speakers? Can you test it with a test speaker to make sure the problem isn't with that connection?

I plug my PC into the monitor using HDMI to HDMI, which carries the sound to the monitor speakers.

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

In case it is the club/ball/cup sounds that are missing, doublecheck again that you have the Links 2003 Sound Settings > "Main Soundscript Sounds" enabled, otherwise your Predefined.ssf file might have broken/become corrupt in some way (it should be located in the main Links folder). You can test replacing it with one of the Predefined.ssf downloads in this thread: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... efined#p73

Alternatively, reinstalling Links.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
scrollmanmike

Post by scrollmanmike »

A big thank you to everyone who tried to help. I have checked and double checked all your suggestions and have come up empty. i am going to try the ultimate and reinstall to see if tht will do it.
Thanks again,
Mike :fcrossed:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

The Nvidia sound use HDMI connection to your monitors speakers I would suggest you down load the Realtek High Definition Driver and you should be ok. That is what I use. Look down the list to what OS you have Windows 10 64bit. The one you need is the one that is 258MB.Hope this helps you good luck.
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zo ... s-software
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

scrollmanmike wrote: August 24th, 2022, 2:24 pm A big thank you to everyone who tried to help. I have checked and double checked all your suggestions and have come up empty. i am going to try the ultimate and reinstall to see if tht will do it.
Thanks again,
Mike :fcrossed:
Hi Mike... I just thought of something. Here's a wild shot-in-the-dark. Do you have any USB devices or dongles in use? Like some earbuds or something of that nature? If so, just for grins try this. First, unplug all USB devices and 2nd, start Links up and see if the sound works normal. Strange things have happened to Links when using certain USB devices. Like I said, it's just a thought and may not pertain to your system at all..

Good luck, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added