WINDOWS 7

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Jimbo

WINDOWS 7

Post by Jimbo »

I've been using my old Windows 7 computer to play the game and up to the other day there was no problem. I suddenly got a message saying that Windows had detected a problem and would try to fix it...to no avail.
I uninstalled and reinstalled...successfully (allegedly).

I tried to play-the home screen appeared but the following message also appeared:

Do you want to Allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer?

I clicked yes-the home screen appeared again with the same result.

A second issue is that the patches don't seem to be available at Links Corner.

Anyway if I can't fix this then my nitpicking days will be over.

Can anybody suggest something?

For what it's worth my Office programs are still working well (knock wood!)
Adelade

Re: WINDOWS 7

Post by Adelade »

Which screen do you mean by the 'home screen'?

Did you reinstall Windows itself? And if so, did you choose to keep your files from before?

Patches are here, the links seem to work for me: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

If the patches dont fix it, the first thing I would have tried would be to try launching the game from both LinksLauncher and LinksMMIII. If it still doesnt work, I may have some other suggestions depending on your answers to my questions above.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Merci beaucoup-I'm on the road for a few days but I'll check in when I get back.
BTW I didn't reinstall Windows...only the game. I backed up my files but everything else looks OK.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: July 28th, 2022, 9:35 pm Which screen do you mean by the 'home screen'?

Did you reinstall Windows itself? And if so, did you choose to keep your files from before?

Patches are here, the links seem to work for me: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

If the patches dont fix it, the first thing I would have tried would be to try launching the game from both LinksLauncher and LinksMMIII. If it still doesnt work, I may have some other suggestions depending on your answers to my questions above.
Adelade. Perhaps something is hosed in Jimbo's registry and it still contains some bad Links information within? Would it be a good idea to uninstall Links, delete the registry entries for it, and then do a new install? :dunno:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I have no idea, if nothing else works it sounds like a good suggestion to me, though it might not be needed. But Im no expert, Im merely decent at remembering and relaying solutions I've found from people and sources in the past.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNOoE1Rpu4

@ jimbo "Do you want to Allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer?"

Likely to be related to your ....Win 7 UAC settings jimbo...go into win 7 settings and review what you have...

don't forget to right click the compatiblity settings tab on the .exe and have both boxs ticked - run as admin/run in win 7 compatibility ...and see how you go...."my nitpicking days are over"...lol...."nosense my boy..keep nitpicking :laugh: