A New Computer!!!!! But there are problems......

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
PureSlice

Re: A New Computer!!!!! But there are problems......

Post by PureSlice »

Thanks Dan, and yes glad to have my favourite golf game back again! I agree that Intel integrated graphics is not Links friendly. Actually after installing the GT 1030 my FPS in other games tripled so any video card is a step up I guess.

And Pete I agree with you about AMD. I had a super budget system some time ago with the Athlon 3000G and it ran Links just fine.

John
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Is there anyone at all who have been able to run Links satisfactory with an integrated CPU as the only graphics unit? As in, no "actual" GPU.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
dpang2836

Post by dpang2836 »

My new Dell Tower had Onboard Graphics (Intel) and a no work for Links! Since I had a Slot available I was able to Install a Super Nice Graphics Card. We see things we never could before, so it was a Success
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

Hi,

is the question of the original post about "how to get Pictures in the game" still open?

Here is a top YouTube tutorial

https://youtu.be/ZQaaqV4Fdxc

Derek
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

@ Adelade "Is there anyone at all who have been able to run Links satisfactory with an integrated CPU as the only graphics unit? As in, no "actual" GPU."...I have it working on a (nothing fancy) hp laptop with intergrated intel 620..couple of reg edits and all good...the only issue I have is the swing meter speed..it can be little too quick for comfort(super fast - an issue a lot of people have it seems)) ....at times and is a little inconsistent at times...it works fine...but probably not as sweetly as a dedicated gpu...
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I was thinking about desktop APUs, but perhaps theres no fundamental difference that matters for Links :dunno:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

Adelade wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:41 pm Is there anyone at all who have been able to run Links satisfactory with an integrated CPU as the only graphics unit? As in, no "actual" GPU.
My Links runs very satisfactory. Everything works fine except of two issue:

I can only use the defailt/no clouds sky. I didn't touch the Skies after re-install the game and all patches. So it might work as well, but it doesn't bother me and I don't wan't to change that running Version or re-install again.

The second issue are missing shadows, but I always played Links 2001 I don't miss them...because I never played with shadows.

Everything else works flawless. No stimpmeter Problems.

I have an MSI Laptop I7 with integrated Graphics.

Derek
dko

Post by dko »

Adelade,

I have Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics on a Dell desktop with Windows 11 and Links runs like a charm on it, no addons or regedits provided by me (where's the knock wood emoji?) This was accomplished with the assistance of a very helpful fellow Linkster and the sticky note provided with this forum. The only issue is I can't use the green analyzer but I never did use it anyway. My tech skills are virtually nonexistent.

Oh, I do have a translucent dgVoodoo imprint on the lower right of my screen which doesn't bother me but I guess could be an issue for some people. The helpful Linkster tried to help me get rid of it with no success, but there is no impact to my enjoyment of the game.
Doug