Golfer view with RTS

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
MrT

Re: Golfer view with RTS

Post by MrT »

Adelade wrote: April 11th, 2022, 9:35 pm Im guessing that the reason dynamic view (the one that isnt for the replay) cannot be used with RTS, is because of RTS being the only swing type that combines the ... er... "gameplay" swing and the animation for the swing. With Classic and PowerStroke, the game has time to calculate what the shot will look like in between the "performance" and the shot visibly happening by the golfer model. With RTS, it all happens in real time, so there probably isnt enough juice in the program to be able to instantly render an extra viewpoint.

You can try the Green Analyzer tool, it slows the pace of the round down too, and for some users causes crashes now and then on some courses... but definitely worth checking out just in case you havent already. Forgot where exactly you access it, but it is in one menus at the bottom, and there might be a hotkey for it too.
Good argument Adelade. I will definitely start using the Green Analyzer and check whether it can help the cause. At the settings I am playing, without info on greens, it is like going into a gun fight carrying just a stick.
dko

Post by dko »

That makes sense to me Adelade. While Andy's suggestion would work (and something I use for my better shots), it's just the visual experience that I enjoy during the ball flight rather than after the fact.

BTW, for Instant Replay I use the 2x reverse view to see the shot landing, which is similar to the view you get from the camera during real life golf coverage. Apparently my old monitor is too small to allow the hole to be seen in the 3x reverse view.
Doug
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

dko wrote: April 12th, 2022, 12:45 am Apparently my old monitor is too small to allow the hole to be seen in the 3x reverse view.
This is because you are running the game in widescreen. It is the same for everyone else running in widescreen.
Links wasn't made for widescreen and as with anything not made for widescreen, if you try and run it in widescreen there are things you will sacrifice. It's the reason I very happily switched back to non widescreen monitors for all my old non widescreen games including Links. Absolutely love the non widescreen monitors for old games. :clapping:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
dko

Post by dko »

Mystery solved!
Doug