Links 2003 Thinkpad Windows 11 Not Working Properly

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
jrh127

Links 2003 Thinkpad Windows 11 Not Working Properly

Post by jrh127 »

Long time Linkster trying to get back into the game....

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop running Windows Pro 11 (64 bit). My video card is an Intel UHD Graphics 620. I downloaded/installed the v 1.07 patch but not the nVidia patch as the link does not seem to be working?

When I fire up the game, the clouds are not rendering properly so I know I have some fixes to do. I found the "third sticky" in this Tech Forum but I have a question on the instructions as I am confused.

The initial instructions read:
"2. From the MS sub-folder, copy the 3 DLLs and paste them into your Links 2003 folder.
a. By default, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003 on 64-bit versions of Windows."

After I extract the Direct3dfix zip file, I see only one DLL in the MS > x64 folder and four DLLs in the MS > x86 folder. What three DLLs do I need to copy? Am I missing something here?

Thanks John
dko

Re: Links 2003 Thinkpad Windows 11 Not Working Properly

Post by dko »

I have the same video card as you and had the same sky problem. I copied the FOUR dlls from the x86 folder and placed them as directed, and all was good.
Doug
jrh127

Post by jrh127 »

Thanks Doug for your reply. Yep, it looks like it is working. Much appreciated! John
dko

Post by dko »

Glad to hear it. It's nice to help someone else for a change, even just a little, since I needed so much of it when I was trying to get Links up and running on a new desktop.
Doug