Windows 11 question

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
sagevanni

Windows 11 question

Post by sagevanni »

Other than a work requirement, why would anyone want to upgrade to windows 11......????
For that matter why anything beyond windows 7.....???

I have windows 10 with all updates turned off..........I have windows 10 for reasons I won't go into.

Anyone care to answer....?????

Sage..... :smile: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Re: Windows 11 question

Post by Still Linksing »

There is nothing in the PC world more enjoyable than turning on my Win XP PC.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I also have Windows 10 with all updates turned off! And I only have Windows 10 because Microsoft wouldn't let me load my new copy of Windows 7 even though there was time left where Windows 7 was still supported! I don't like Microsoft, especially now that they want you to rent all their Office software! (You can still buy Microsoft Office 2003, though.)

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: March 15th, 2022, 5:06 pm I also have Windows 10 with all updates turned off! And I only have Windows 10 because Microsoft wouldn't let me load my new copy of Windows 7 even though there was time left where Windows 7 was still supported! I don't like Microsoft, especially now that they want you to rent all their Office software! (You can still buy Microsoft Office 2003, though.)

Pete
Hi Pete. Why can't you "load" your copy of Windows 7? What goes wrong when you try?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

It happened a while back, Dan. During the installation process, you have to get Microsoft to "authorize" your copy of Windows (I think that's the word - maybe it's "validate"), and when I tried to connect to them, Microsoft wouldn't respond to my many attempts. They did respond to me getting authorization/validation for Windows 10, though, after I finally gave up on Windows 7. Now I have a real nice $110 coaster with Windows 7 written on it! :rant: (I did save my old computer, which still works and has Windows 7 on it)
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I've been running W11 on a new Dell machine since the end of November. I have a purchased (not rented) copy of Office Home & Business 2021 installed. I have a Nvidia graphics card, and it runs Links2K3 flawlessly. Hate to be the contrarian. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Based on my experience, GoBucks, you love to be the contrarian! :laugh: But whatever floats your boat...

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: March 16th, 2022, 11:45 am It happened a while back, Dan. (I did save my old computer, which still works and has Windows 7 on it)
Check your PM's Pete. I sent you a message. :tiphat:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: March 16th, 2022, 2:46 pm Based on my experience, GoBucks, you love to be the contrarian! :laugh: But whatever floats your boat...

Pete
Don't own a boat, Pete. And you can purchase MS Office products at Amazon.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
And I only have Windows 10 because Microsoft wouldn't let me load my new copy of Windows 7 even though there was time left where Windows 7 was still supported! I don't like Microsoft, especially now that they want you to rent all their Office software! (You can still buy Microsoft Office 2003, though.)
My laptop is running Windows 10 and I have a purchased copy of Office Enterprise 2007, from my working days. Do you know if I can install this on my laptop? (I don't have an external DVD reader otherwise I would just try it).

Ian