Saving a round

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
radiodj

Saving a round

Post by radiodj »

I have been trying to save a round of golf for about week now and for some reason I no longer can. It seems like when I get a driver update notice
from Nvidia it has an effect be able to save a game. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thank you, DJ
pmgolf

Re: Saving a round

Post by pmgolf »

Could you possibly tell me less information about your problem than you already have? :dunno: The save game checkbox is on the screen where you choose which players are going to participate in the game. Each player can have his game recorded. There is a check-box on every players line. You will get to provide a name for the file at the end of the game when all players have sunk their last putt.

Pete
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

Hi Pete and thank you for your response. I guess what I meant to say was saving a game during the game. I used to be able to save a round after a few
holes but now I can't. I don't know what has changed.

DJ
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

In what way cant you? As far as I know, if you quit in the middle of a round, it automatically saves it as "LASTGAME" without you needing to do anything, and that save will always be available to load in Play Golf > Load Game until you start another type of round in any mode, in which case that new round becomes the new LASTGAME. Forgot where the option to save the game as a unique save is, probably in the bottom right "Menu", but are you unable to find it or is something going wrong when trying to save it or is something going wrong when trying to load it?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

Hi Adelade,
It's when I go to menu click on save game and type in file name then click save it's not being saved to existing save games. In the existing saved
games I can't delete a game either.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Where are you looking for "Existing saved games? In the "Games" folder inside the main "Links 2003" folder? They don't get saved there. Look here in Windows Explorer:
SavedGames Folder.jpg
SavedGames Folder.jpg (118.7 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Click on the little arrowhead n the left of the folder name to open all folders inside that one. Open each folder I have indicated in red. The "Saved Game" is the last one, and your game will have the ".SAV" extension at the end. Or, if you know about the Virtual Store, they may be in there.

Pete
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

Thank you Pete
Took care of the problem.

DJ