aiming marker and shot tracer on top view and pin cameras

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Randy

aiming marker and shot tracer on top view and pin cameras

Post by Randy »

I am running Links 2003 on an old laptop running Windows XP and I recently installed it on a Windows 10 desktop and have everything working on the desktop that I think I need except a couple of minor things.

I play with the top camera and pin views on and when running Links on the old laptop running XP I am used to having the tracer for the ball flight and the aiming marker visible.

Now, on the Windows 10 machine, with the top and pin views on, the tracer (for the ball flight) is not visible in the top view and pin cameras and though I can move the pointer to set the aiming marker, that aiming marker is not visible either. That aiming marker and tracer for the ball flight are visible in main camera view, though.

I am running in a Window on the Windows 10 desktop ( prefer this to full screen) with Intel (R) HD graphics and a resolution set at 1440 x 900 x 32 bit. I am also running in compatibility for Windows XP Service pack 2 and with disable full screen optimization checked on

Has anyone run into this issue and have any suggestions to fix it so the tracer and aiming marker are visible in those camera views?
Adelade

Re: aiming marker and shot tracer on top view and pin cameras

Post by Adelade »

Have heard of people having similar issues yes (at least the aim marker thing), Im not 100% sure if I recall correctly on what the fix is but I feel like it is the DirectX wrapper program - for that one follow the first post in this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=788
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Randy

Post by Randy »

Thanks for the answer.

It sounds like it might, or might not fix my problem. i have been playing with settings all day and I have everything working now EXCEPT for the minor issue I described above. The game is still very playable to me as it is and I am not sure I want to possibly break something that is otherwise working OK, so I am just going to file this possible solution for now in case something else goes wrong.

Again, I really appreciate your response
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

It won't harm or change anything. Follow the instructions, add the files, if it doesn't fix it, delete the files and nothing will be any different.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse