Rendering Issues / Freezing Up

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Mr Mulligan

Re: Rendering Issues / Freezing Up

Post by Mr Mulligan »

Kunkleman wrote: February 19th, 2022, 11:50 am Why do we keep losing people who are willing to offer their time and talent to help others??? :dunno:
:sad:
Good question!
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

One other thing you can try, if you installed the nVidia patch, uninstall the game and try and install it without the patch. If you didn't install it, try and install it. See if it makes any difference.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I''m having a similar problem and it just started recently. Every so often the machine simply stops as if I've exited. I have to restart Links-when I do, it resumes where I left so "no harm, no foul" but it's just really annoying.The same happens if I try to "change my clothes-but so far it hasn't happened in the middle of a swing-just when I'm between shots. It's a random thing. After the trouble I went through reinstalling it (and thanks to your help) I'll be damned if I'm going to lose all my stuff.
Has anybody else incurred a glitch like this? As I said it was working fine until a few days ago.
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

Hey Jimbo
I have had same thing happen to me as well. It certainly can be annoying.

DJ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Radio-Adelaide has made a suggestion...it seems like this issue is especially common with the new courses...the ones with all the "goodies" from our designers (maybe clubhouses? :rofl: ).
Anyway he suggests lowering the graphics. I haven't tried it yet but other Linksters have been generally positive in their feedback.
This is a great forum for things like that (as well as a major one that I had awhile ago).
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

Well thanks Jimbo. I was playing Redstone 2017 Tournament edition when it crashed.

DJ
radiodj

Post by radiodj »

Apparently it's a Windows 10 update
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I tried downgrading my settings to no avail. I'm inclined to agree that the problem is not with us...and since Microsoft used to own the rights to the game (many, many years ago) the might at least pretend to be concerned.

Anyway it's just an annoyance that seemed to have put in an appearance rather recently and although the game shuts down at least when it resumes you're still playing the same game you started with...and so far it hasn't stopped until your shot has been completed. :fcrossed: