update

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
paul

update

Post by paul »

Just updated my laptop to a MSI GP62 2QE Leopard Pro with a HD 4600 and a GTX950m Links looks fantastic but all the sky is black can this be fixed,if so can someone help please. Paul.
Stephen Sullivan

Re: update

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Have a look at this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12
paul

Post by paul »

I now have this message.....only power of 2 textures up to 1024 x 1024 supported(8.8) 297089440 TGA???????????
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Exactly when and where does this error message show up?

Do you happen to have any files other than .sky files in your Links 2003\skies folder?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
paul

Post by paul »

I am ready to give up on it, and just put it back on my fujitsu with HD4600 with no problems,not a happy bunny :wallbash: :wallbash:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

The black sky problem has come up many times I'm sure on the old forum. I can't remember any details. Armand would be a good chance for an anwser but it doesn't look like he has yet registered on this new forum.
Only thing I can quickly think to check is to make certain 32bit color is enabled. I'd also turn off the dynamic camera option just to see if it changes anything.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
dePog

Post by dePog »

Hey Paul,

I'd double check that Links is choosing the GTX card and not the built-in Intel graphics chip.

Also have you tried the nVidia patch from https://www.linkscountryclub.com/windows7
paul

Post by paul »

:clapping: :notworthy: Thanks to a tech wizard links golf is smoking baby looks fantastic