Are AMD Chipset Motherboards OK ?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
dePog

Are AMD Chipset Motherboards OK ?

Post by dePog »

Hey Guys,

I have played Links since it came out and updated my computer several times, but always used an Intel based motherboard. I am looking at buying a new computer and thinking of switching to the new AMD motherboards with the X570 chipset. I'll probably put an nVidia 1660ti graphics card on it though. Has anyone any experience as to whether Links is OK with this combination of motherboard and video card?

Cheers,
dePog
pmgolf

Re: Are AMD Chipset Motherboards OK ?

Post by pmgolf »

I am planning to do exactly what you are thinking of, but with a nVidia GTX 1050 video card. I found this site which checks compatibility: PCPartPicker.com. It even checks to see if Windows 7 (which I'm planning to use) works with everything.

My setup: AMD processor, AMD motherboard, NVidia GTX1050 4 gb videocard, 16 gb RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium, Bluray DVD reader/writer, etc.

Pete
dePog

Re: Are AMD Chipset Motherboards OK ?

Post by dePog »

Thanks for the quick reply pmgolf, but I was specifically interested in whether Links has any problems running on the AMD 570 motherboards. Was hoping that somebody might have tried it out and could signal the "all clear". lol