Deleting a Links Career Session?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Captain Nemo

Deleting a Links Career Session?

Post by Captain Nemo »

Is there any way to do this?
I was in the middle of a career when I installed Windows II 2 weeks ago. I was able to finish that career without any problems. However, today I started a new career with "play with another player" selected. A player was named in the overhead players list but he never showed up in the Graphic Display (Just me playing alone) and after putting out on the 1st hole the redraw depicts my player waist high at the hole location ready to put out, which he is unable to do. I would like to start a career again to see if this is an ongoing Win 11 problem, but need to clear the existing career to test.
Thanks Dave
EDIT:
I Checked all the Links files (x86 MS Games & Links 2003 Program Data) and did not find a Career file with Player info. However, I was able to withdraw from the Season from within the game. This allowed me to exit and start a new Season, but the results/graphics were the same when putting out on the 1st green.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Adelade

Re: Deleting a Links Career Session?

Post by Adelade »

Sounds a bit worrying if it happened twice... I would be a bit surprised if it was course-related, but still worth checking if it happens on more than one course. Another thing I can think of - when stuck like that, try see if you're able to press Shot Options > Skip To Player in the bottom menu, might not work but worth checking.

You were able to play with computer players without issue before upgrading to Windows 11?

Do you have the following three patches installed?
Nvidia
Career Mode fix? (found at https://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-2003-v107 )

Career files for me are at C:\User\[username]\Documents\Links 2003\Career
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Captain Nemo wrote: November 20th, 2021, 8:56 pm Is there any way to do this?
I was in the middle of a career when I installed Windows II 2 weeks ago. I was able to finish that career without any problems. However, today I started a new career with "play with another player" selected. A player was named in the overhead players list but he never showed up in the Graphic Display (Just me playing alone) and after putting out on the 1st hole the redraw depicts my player waist high at the hole location ready to put out, which he is unable to do. I would like to start a career again to see if this is an ongoing Win 11 problem, but need to clear the existing career to test.
Thanks Dave
EDIT:
I Checked all the Links files (x86 MS Games & Links 2003 Program Data) and did not find a Career file with Player info. However, I was able to withdraw from the Season from within the game. This allowed me to exit and start a new Season, but the results/graphics were the same when putting out on the 1st green.
Just making a wild guess here, but perhaps there is some info in your registry that has Links locked into that mode. :dunno:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Thanks for the info/ideas. Still working on it when I have a some time. I was able to test and it happens on 1st hole of all three Career Seasons. I Remembered this happened after I put a large file of player .jpgs in the data file as noted in another thread, and I think I have some duplicates that were already in my Polyani file. So may be that is related.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile: