Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Dixieman

Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

Post by Dixieman »

I'm getting notice that my PC upgrade to Windows 11 is ready to download. Should I do it? Will it affect my Links 2003 game? Anyone have any experience with this yet?
Doug
pmgolf

Re: Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

Post by pmgolf »

If your computer is running ok now, and Links2003 works, why on earth would you want to be among the first few to update to Windows 11 and have to deal with it's development bugs for the next 6 months? :dunno: Are you anxious to find out how difficult it is to go back to Windows 10 after you have updated to Windows 11? :rant: Your update question should be answered. :smile:

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Dixieman wrote: October 7th, 2021, 11:35 pm I'm getting notice that my PC upgrade to Windows 11 is ready to download. Should I do it? Will it affect my Links 2003 game? Anyone have any experience with this yet?
There was discussion about this several weeks ago. If you haven't studied up on what kind of machine you would need, and it's hardware requirements, it would be best for you to start here and find out if you are compatible.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... windows+11

On a side note, I'm wondering if the notification you are getting actually knows if your machine is compatible, or is it one of those deals where you tell it to go ahead and upgrade, and then in mid process it tells you sorry, your system doesn't meet the requirements. :unsure: :dunno:

Good luck, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Danny D wrote: October 8th, 2021, 4:49 am
On a side note, I'm wondering if the notification you are getting actually knows if your machine is compatible, or is it one of those deals where you tell it to go ahead and upgrade, and then in mid process it tells you sorry, your system doesn't meet the requirements. :unsure: :dunno:

Dan
Danny, the notification that I received, via windows update, says that my pc does not presently meet all the requirements for W11. I'm assuming that if you don't see that message, you're good to go hardware-wise.

And if I were going to upgrade, I would clone my C drive to another virgin drive. That makes it relatively easy to get back to where you started. Since upgrading is not an option for, and since I prefer a clean install of the OS, I'm pricing other options. We'll see.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

Thanks for the input gentlemen. My PC is less than a year old so I don't expect Windows 11 compatibility to be an issue; I'm more concerned with Links operating properly. I'm gonna hold off for a while until I see some other folks' experiences.
Doug
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

GoBucks wrote: October 8th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Danny D wrote: October 8th, 2021, 4:49 am

Dan
Danny, the notification that I received, via windows update, says that my pc does not presently meet all the requirements for W11. I'm assuming that if you don't see that message, you're good to go hardware-wise.

And if I were going to upgrade, I would clone my C drive to another virgin drive. That makes it relatively easy to get back to where you started. Since upgrading is not an option for, and since I prefer a clean install of the OS, I'm pricing other options. We'll see.
Thanks GB. I'm still on Windows 7. I don't even want to upgrade to Win10 yet. If I do, it will be because I had no other choice. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Oh thank God Dan. I am still on win 7 as well.
:cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Duck Hook wrote: October 9th, 2021, 9:49 am Oh thank God Dan. I am still on win 7 as well.
Completed Courses
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Here's to WIN 7! :cheers1:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

:thumbup: