Newer Nvidia cards

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Stephen Sullivan

Newer Nvidia cards

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Is anyone using the later Nvidia cards like the new GeForce GTX 1650 or slightly older 1060 with Links?

Wondering what sort of success you've had with graphics.

My old AMD R7 360 is fine, but I want something newer to play some newer titles. The AMD cards seem so power hungry in comparison.
pmgolf

Re: Newer Nvidia cards

Post by pmgolf »

I have a 2 GB Nvidia 750 ti, and I love it. Works great with Links. I'll be building a new PC later this year: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor with a Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard and a MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card, but I don't play any games that would strain it. (Check out PCPartPicker.com for checking part compatibility)

Pete
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

It appears new cards work great with Links 2003. Now, we only have 2 or 3 members who have made comment who own newer cards so it's not exactly etched in stone these results will apply for everyone but it certainly appears very promising.

I myself just bought a 1660Ti card and mine works great too.
The biggest benefit of the new cards appears everyone who has one can now effectively use FXAA to get rid of jaggies. With older cards FXAA just makes things worse. I had a GTX970 which wasn't all that old and FXAA wasn't usable. It's only the very recent cards that appear to work well with FXAA.

It's a good time to get a new card for Links 2003 based on the results I mentioned above. :thumbup:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Stephen Sullivan

Bought myself this one https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B ... UTF8&psc=1. Hopefully it will work nicely with Links :thumbup:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: September 17th, 2019, 9:22 pm Bought myself this one https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B ... UTF8&psc=1. Hopefully it will work nicely with Links :thumbup:
Oh yeah, that should work great. You need any help with getting FXAA working let me know.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Howie97

Post by Howie97 »

I have a GTX 1060 and recently upgraded to Windows 10. Links worked great on Windows 7 but I had some issues when switching to Windows 10. I tried using dgvoodoo2 and all worked great since. I had used it before on my laptop that had the dual card setup of Intel graphics and an Nvidia 1050 Ti chip with Windows 10 and that worked great as well. Can you get FXAA to work with dgvoodoo?
Thx for replies.... Howie
"Behold the Golfer. He riseth up early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth full of hope, and when the day is spent, he returneth smelling of strong drink, & the truth is not in him."
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Howie97 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 12:40 am Can you get FXAA to work with dgvoodoo?
No particular reason why it should not work. Download Nvidia Inspector, set FXAA for Links 2003 and post back the results. If you have any issues understanding what you are doing in Nvidia Inspector let me know. :thumbup:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Stephen Sullivan

New card installed and now installing latest drivers. Will have a play when I get some free time tomorrow. May be back to ask a few questions :naughty:
Stephen Sullivan

All seems fine with the new card. I've found that I can enable FXAA, but can Enhance at 8x, but not Override. Redraws are quick with the slider to the right even on Kansas National, which has been known to be slow.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Stephen, that's great news. It does appear a modern card means jaggies gone. FXAA is not the ideal AA method but it does the job well enough.
Golf Sim Clubhouse