DGvoodoo Settings

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
lyate2004

DGvoodoo Settings

Post by lyate2004 »

To Andy (and anyone else who might be able to answer this query):

A while back, I stumbled upon suggested setting for the Dgvoodoo direct x wrapper. Now, I can't find that post. I would very much like to check these again, and hope that someone can post suggested settings for the "General" "Glide" and "Directx" settings, as accessible from the DGVoodoo control panel - i.e., the best settings for playing Links 2003 on a modern computer.

Many thanks!

LIY
gator

Re: DGvoodoo Settings

Post by gator »

Top sticky in this discussion (Tech Corner). Andy doesn't mention the name of the software in his originating post because "[t]he original URL and even the filename of the zip file are always flagged up by browsers as containing malware."
lyate2004

Post by lyate2004 »

Regrettably, the settings I am looking for do not appear in those posts.

Specifically, I saw setting mentioned for the DGVoodoo control panel Directx tab - type of virtual video card to choose, vram, etc.

LIY
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

lyate2004 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 3:09 am[...]
Unless you're thinking of a certain post about specifically Links, I think you'll find what you're looking for if you download it, then go to the Doc folder and open those html files. I remember I set my settings based on what I read from some guide like that, and I think it was those ones. You can also find info and a whole forum if you search engine the program name and look for the result with "dege" and "freeweb" in the url, then navigate to Documentation. I think a lot of the info there is the same as those html files (perhaps more updated, if you download the later versions of the program). If you want I can share my own settings too, just send a pm, but Im not sure if that is much use to you since different systems require different settings here and there.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
lyate2004

Post by lyate2004 »

Many thanks! I will give the doc folder a try!

LIY
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

https://imgur.com/cDIOBh5
https://imgur.com/QAIGEMu
Maybe the links above are what you are looking for...
lyate2004

Post by lyate2004 »

Not exactly what I had seen - but, along with Adelade's kind input, it gives me the references that I wanted!

Many thanks to both of you!

LIY